• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strange foods (or combinations of foods) that you secretly love!

French fries dipped in a chocolate shake are very good!

I like to eat salads with lettuce, cottage cheese, black olives, sunflower nuts, and french dressing. My family won't touch that one.

My kids dip their green beans in ketchup, and eat a mixture of ketchup and Miracle Whip on their fish.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this is a MN thing? A friend of mine and me...(both from MN) went to the Twins/Rangers game last night...We bought the peanuts and ate some of the shells with the nuts. People thought that we were crazy!

What's wrong with that???

Anchovy pizza.

Maybe this is a MN thing? A friend of mine and me...(both from MN) went to the Twins/Rangers game last night...We bought the peanuts and ate some of the shells with the nuts. People thought that we were crazy!

If I tried that, I'd choke!!! Alot of my friends do that with sunflower seeds, eat 'em shells and all.

A few of you might know this one, but people who hear it laugh at it, until they taste it. Then they fall in love with it:

Take bottle of chili sauce and a jar of grape jelly and dump it into a crock pot, add a bag of italian meatballs and stir it occasionally. Very sweet and very good.

I made it at poker one night, didn't last very long.

Another rendition of that is one bottle of ketchup and one jar of grape jelly in a crock pot with Little Smokies. Mmmmmmmmmm

Back in ND a buddy and I would get a pound of "Tiger" meat and eat it on crackers whenever we when camping. Haven't been able to find it in the cities yet.

Head cheese is pretty good.

I love PB&J with Doritos inbetween the bread as well (cuts the time down when you don't have to reach for a chip grin)

Used to do dinner rolls dipped in Ketchup or put mustard on a hotdog bun and nuke it for 10 seconds.

Ketchup on Popcorn, Funyuns and Bugles is really good. (Must use squeeze bottle for popcorn and bugles)

Breakfast Pizza with scrabbled eggs as the sauce, bacon and sausage and using salsa as a topping after it's baked.

Saurkraught on Pepperoni Pizza.

A balogna sammy with mustard, chips and a pixie stick in between the bread.

(OK, that last one was from "The Breakfast Club" grincool)

when you say chili sauce, can you be more specific?

My personal preference is braunschweiger sandwhiches with mustard and a thick slice of onion on pumpernickel. (not strange I know, but read on McDuff)

A mixed drink we created last fall that I realllllly like is a good american whiskey (makers mark is the best so far) some ice, 4 pickled beet slices and a tbl. spoon of pickeled beet juice in the mix.... I tried them with vodka for a Bee-tini but it pairs much better with whiskey. My brother calls it a "Beet your whiskey (@##@)" a teeny tiny pinch of salt helps as well. the next time I am allowed to make these, I will add a tiny bit of horseradish.....

Alot of my friends do that with sunflower seeds, eat 'em shells and all.

ya i used to do that with sunflower seeds...but ummm well ahhh thats until i found out the shells don't digest very well, especially if you don't chew them up REAL good...just try & imagine what its like passin a catus and you'll get the idea...them shell shards are sharp shockedcry

when you say chili sauce, can you be more specific?

This is what a bottle of chili sauce looks like, HY-Vee makes their own "generic" saves you a buck or so over the Heinz. You can find it in the ketchup/steak sauce area at a gorcery store:

Heinz20Chili20Sauce2012oz20L.jpg

My husband just chimed in that he loves deep fried fish fins???? He said that they used to just gut/scale sunnies/bluegills and deep fry the whole thing. Said that the fins taste like potato chips.

My husband just chimed in that he loves deep fried fish fins???? He said that they used to just gut/scale sunnies/bluegills and deep fry the whole thing. Said that the fins taste like potato chips.

Oh yeah! That's the way Grandma used to make up and I loved the tails.

Originally Posted By: bullyfish

Oh yeah! That's the way Grandma used to make up and I loved the tails.

Me three. laugh

Maybe not too weird, but sliced hot dogs in mac n cheese

What is wrong with that? Try Mac'n with Spam chunks some time. Crazy tasty.

MMMMMMmmmmmmmm Spam..... Oh the posibilities...... Sliced w/pickles and cream cheese...... Fried w/eggs...... Homemade pizza.....

MMMMMMmmmmmmmm Spam..... Oh the posibilities...... Sliced w/pickles and cream cheese...... Fried w/eggs...... Homemade pizza.....

People on Guam live for Spam. From Wiki:

The residents of the state of Hawaii and the territories of Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) consume the most Spam per capita in the United States. On average, each person on Guam consumes 16 tins of Spam each year and the numbers at least equal this in the CNMI