• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota Metro Muskie reports?

Sorry Jiggin'. I didn't mean to point the comment in your direction. Made it out tonight the big T...ran into trolling motor issues early on and eventually resolved em'. Didn't see a thing this evening. Even though fishing was slow it was a nice change to be fishing in my fall gear... laugh Good luck this weekend guys.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides that crazy rain patch, good night out. Hardly any muskie guys out there. Got one a 47" +/-1 on a weedline 15ft, 5 cranks in. Tough guy put up a good fight. Took some pictures but they were horrible, forgot to reset ISO all the pix were overexposed. New moon was favorable I guess. Any one else bank tonight?

Anything on tonka? Ive been out there like 20 times this summer and only 1 47 inch and I was out today and caught two northerns and had one follow maybe low 40's but still nothing in the boad so i was wondering if anyone has advice they would be willing to share? Lures, presentation, FOW, anything? Thanks

Last year on tonka around this time it was impossible to go too fast. Granted, conditions were a little different then, warmer, and it's been a few weeks since I'v been out there, but that would be the thing to try if the action is slow. That, and nightfishing.

If things aren't happening where you're fishing, move over to a different section of the lake, reset your mentality, and go at it hard.

I have not been able to crack the code on Tonka this year at all... I have seen a number of fish, and mostly in the most predictable locations, but no bite has really formed. I am thinking that the early fall period will be hot, and the fall bite in general should be good as well. (hopeful anyway). Have done well on some of the east metro lakes as of late. keep hammering away!

Going fishing friday and was wondering which lake anyone would recommend between tonka, waconia, and independence? Ive fished tonka a lot this summer with not much results but have seen a lot and i fished waconia twice early and didnt see anything and havent fished independence at all so im just wondering if anyone of those lakes is producing more than the other right now?

I will share my dismay with Lake Independence. My boat is on Inde a good chunk of the Summer so I fish it begrudgingly because it is convenient. Had some early season luck but has been quiet for the last month. Perhaps angling acumen is a contributor, but it has been a tough bite for me. Moved one last night so maybe it is turning around.

Anyone with a Bald Eagle report? Not looking for specifics, just your report.

I was on some fish there last week. Lots of smaller (relatively speaking) fish there this year which bodes well for the future. Seems to be a lot of fish in that 38-42" inch range in there right now.

Should be a good bite now and into September if the water temps stay seasonally good.

jiggin - was on bald eagle tonight with not much to show for it, but last few times have at least moved a fish or two. i don't know the lake extremely well and get the feeling i should be doing something a little different. water seemed a little less murky than last few times but i think wind might have some effect on that too, just haven't been out there enough to know for sure. hard to put it all together when i only have a few hours a few times a week.

i can't remember the last time i saw anybody out there throwing anything but blades.

Hey 50 inch...I'm also from Stilly....just bought a boat last week (off of this site from a friend), just joined this site yesterday and just fished Bald Eagle and Muskie for the first time yesterday....had 3 nice strikes speed trolling on the south side of the island; saw a nice one landed on the west side of island in about 5 feet of water; any tips you can give a rookie on Bald Eagle? I think I'll go back...pain getting the boat out though...busy busy busy

thanks.

Anyone with a recent report out of the metro you'd like to post? Plan to hit Tonka next week a couple days. Will post my findings. Baldy was doing good late July and that is the last I've been fishing here at home. Hit the V for a week, then went to Cass for the last 4 days. Fishing was good on the V, no luck for me on Cass. Next time.

YOU GUYS JUST NEED TO REMEMBER OR LEARN THAT TONKA IS A HUGE WINDOW LAKE, UNLESS CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE. EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM IS OUT THE TRYING TO CATCH A TONKA BEAST. I'VE DONE GOOD OUT THERE THIS YEAR USING UNORTHODOX TACTICS (STUFF OTHERS AREN'T DOING). YOU'LL SEE 4 FISH IN 20 MINUTES ON 30 YARDS OF SHORELINE AND NOT SEE ANYTHING FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, ON A BUSY SATURDAY WITH TUBERS EVERYWHERE OR 6 AM. ITS ALL ABOUT RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME. IF YOU AREN'T HAVING GOOD SUCCESS, TARGET ANOTHER LAKE. THE GUYS WHO CATCH ALOT OF FISH OUT THERE ARE THE GUYS FISHING DAY IN AND DAY OUT (AND HAVE PATIENCE OF STEEL). AND I HAVE NEVER THE BEST TIME TO BE OUT THERE, CAUGHT FISH AT 1 PM AND AT 3 AM. GET OUT AND FISH........

Most-if not all- of muskie fishing is hitting prime windows of opportunity. YOU DIDN"T NEED TO BE SO EMPHATIC ABOUT SAYING THAT! Thank you for the advice! But I understand and hope to try hitting the best times I have to fish. I too have caught fish in all conditions at various times on just about any lake that I have fished. Will post results next week.