• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave S

I was on my way home yesterday, only doing 45 on the bike when it happened. Something big and black just cleared my windshield and hits me in the throat. I had a bad feeling it was lodged in the collar of my jacket and about the time I tried to reach to grab it, the dirty little *(&*(( %&^&*)%)(*@#king son of a !!($#%$#$ stung me.

Now I've never in the past have had any major reactions to bee or wasp stings, but I wasn't about to take a chance. I was 2 miles from home which felt like hours trying to get there. Off came the jacket, helmet and gloves. I rushed to find a mirror to get the stinger out but there was none. That's when I figured it was a wasp.

I had a dentist appt to get to so I grabbed some ice and drive to town looking like I just got hit in the throat from a baseball. Now a day later, it's really starting to bother me. Red, swollen and itches like mad. I now have a hard lump about the size of a baseball from between my collar bones to my adam's apple. cry

Anyone else ever get a bee under the clothing while riding?

I was riding with a moto cross style helmet one time and had a bee hit me in the face and get stuck in the helmet. It got me once just below the eye and once on the cheek before I could safely stop and remove my helmet. But Im not allergic to bees so it wasnt too big of a deal.

LEP7MM I appologize but I can't stop laughing........On a similar note I was with my brother one day in the passanger seat of his car with him driving. Just going down a street with the windows down all of a sudden he starts flipping out grabbing his face. He looks over at me and there was a bug stuck up in his eyelid, could just see a big lump.... I can't stop laughing to this day. laugh

No problem fishersofmen. It is kind of funny now that it's over with.

The sad part is, now the swelling has migrated into my chest and now appears that I have a 3rd breast. eeklaugh

Whatever that wasp had on that stinger, it's raising holy h3ll. Atleast the itching and irritation is starting to subside.

Uh oh? A third breast? Ouch.

Its happened to me a couple times. One got inside melmet just below my ear. Not fun. When I was 18 I was riding with shorts (dumb, one flew up my leg and got me very near some sensitive equipment. That was awful.

Junebugs on the lips are no picnic either.

How 'bout riding through Colorado on I-70, Approx 75mph, with a cutoff and open jean-jacket vest and hitting a swarm of bees? That was in '71-'72. Thank goodness for my helmet and shield! I ended up with 33 stings in the chest, belly and neck, 1 in the back of the neck! NOW, I ride with glasses, helmet and windshield. Kinda like "33 times stung...2nd time shy". Wouldn't have been so bad, but the year before, I was stung 17 times by a nest of 'ground hornets' while hiking in the woods near a creek!! Now... If I see the nest first, THEY LOSE, weapon of choice, FIRE...... SWEET REVENGE!! Phred52

I've had a wasp get under my shirt while backing out of a parking spot in my car before.

I started backing out and it started stinging me which prevented me from concentrating on the backing out part. Caused me to back into a parked car (very slow with no damage luckily).

I was ablt to think quick enough to pull back into my parking space. Then I jumped out of the car doing some sort of primal jungle dance trying to get the thing out of my shirt.

People were looking at me like I was a complete wacko. Some asked if I was alright and some people seemed to want to get away from me as fast as possible.

The wasp ended up getting me 4-5 times from my neck, down my shoulder and onto my back.

I wasn't sure if I was allergic and after seeing all the swelling I decided to go in to get checked out but by the time someone was able to see me the swelling went down and the pain stopped. They still charged me a couple hundred bucks just to sit in the waiting room though so that was nice.

While sitting in the waiting room all I could think about was the movie Tommy Boy when Chris Farley and David Spade act like they are getting attacked by bees to avoid getting arrested by the cops. I felt just like Chris Farley at that moment as I did pretty much the same thing he did.

Thanks hanronson. All is well with no sign that I was ever stung. It just took a few days for the swelling to go down. As far as seeing a Dr. I'm the type who usually will almost have to be on my death bed, or feel like it before I'll go.