Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
broken_line

cant decide!

14 posts in this topic

what would be better to buy a fish finder or a generator for ice fishing?? i have $200 cant decide i want both but cant find a job!!

Fish finder! Ice fishing is on a whole separate level with a flasher!

for that money you won't be able to get a generator that will last more than a year or two, either way, definetly a flasher!! I'd rather forget my beer than forget my flasher!! smile

i already have a flasher.. a fishfinder for the boat or a generator so a guy can watch tv in the house...

If I had to choose, I would say flasher.. Not to Mr Negative, but if I didn't have a job, I probably wouldn't be buying ice fishing gear right now.

Not to be mean but get a job then get a decent graph/gps combo and a generator when you have some $ saved up.

He can't have a "job". He's got to go to 10th grade next fall! He's talkin about livin the "teen dream". Make some money, and spend ALL of it on stuff ya want. OH, to be young again!

I had a job since 9th grade. Why cant he work in the summers?

my vehicle took a dump on me so now doesnt look like either this year...

I would go with a graph. You don't need to watch TV when fishing.

Television rots your brain. Go with a Graph.

I had a job since 9th grade. Why cant he work in the summers?

agreed. ive had a job since i was in 7th grade. it all comes down to how bad you want to work. if you really want a job you will take whatever is given to you... my advice is what do you do more ice fish or open water or whatever you like better. spend your budget money on your favorite thing and when you get more money then you can start upgrading other things. just my 2 cents. im only 18 so i can kinda see where your coming from. all though i have to be pretty thankful i have been pretty lucky with the jobs offered to me. GOODLUCK!!

I would put that 200 dollars into the bank and get a job then spend some money closer to the time Im going to use what I buy.

Why buy something for ice fishing 6 month before we even start to get ice.