• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Vikings draft

koonie

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I hope you two guys are right and that Sage is a better QB than he looked last year against Indy. If so then we have a very good team.

If you don't understand the threat of a rollout from a mobile QB on reverses and draws then you just don't know football as well as you think. Percy's short passing game also helps TJack and Chili is invested in him as well.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you call the swing doors of Mt Mckinney and Cook a good line then we have got problems. Not too mention Big Mac missed some of the the early season. This will be T-jacks year, he was sposed to be on the bench until this year anyways.

Also, any quarterback that played the Eagles down the stretch last year did not put up good stats at all.

If you don't understand the threat of a rollout from a mobile QB on reverses and draws then you just don't know football as well as you think. Percy's short passing game also helps TJack and Chili is invested in him as well.

Agreed and I'd be fine with that also it does sounds great on paper for sure. I still believe Chili has moved his eggs "butt" over to Sage for the time being.

If those two fail look for number 4 walking through the door! He/He/

Go Vikes!

Yeah, because alot of games are won every year because a team has a QB with a threat of rolling out after faking a reverse or a screen. Come on...if Childress came out and said hes starting jackson because of this threat he would be laughed out of this state and his job. You don't start a QB because he has a better threat of rolling out after faking a reverse than the other QB on the team......

vick is junk...always has been and always will be....he's never been able to pass the ball very well and thats what qb's are supposed to do...he's was exciting to watch against bad defenses but when teams put the spy on him with a good player he was worthless...big arm...no touch..inconsistant accuracy..thinks run before pass and he's a moron.

Hey fishin58 and Rick, how bout you tell me how a QB fakes a reverse when a QB has to first just hand off to the RB? Now tell me how there is the threat of a rollout in any reverse situation?? You guys do realize there that when running a reverse there isnt any faking a rollout do you? That the deception in running a reverse is getting the defense flowing fast and hard to the RB and then coming back with the reciever going the other way while the QB stands in the pocket drawing no attention whatsoever as to not give the defense a reason to hesitate? So again tell me how a mobile QB helps in a reverse situation.....

Now find me a draw play in which a QB actually waits to fake the draw and then tries to roll out past the defensive end who is charging upfield. Yeah that play would make alot of sense, i bet it would work real well. And then find me a screen pass in which the QB actually waits in the backfield for the D line to rush upfield to set the screen up, and then oooops, just fakes everyone out and rolls out......or is it that i just don't know football.....

....and just for arguements sake, lets just say that you could do these things. You do realize 95% of the plays run do not include a reverse, draw or screen don't you?

Hey everyone, by these guys logic i guess we can expect Pat White to be unseating Chad Pennington in Miami because he can somehow fake a reverse and rollout off it better.

yeah and he often did it after somehow faking a reverse huh? he faked the handoff to the RB and the defense followed the RB all the way until the RB faked the handoff to the WR, then all the defenders finally knew the gig was up.....yeah find me that play please.

Yeah, because alot of games are won every year because a team has a QB with a threat of rolling out after faking a reverse or a screen.

Actually there is a whole package of about 5 plays that can now be run very effectively with Percy, TJack and AP on the reverses alone..

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
Yeah, because alot of games are won every year because a team has a QB with a threat of rolling out after faking a reverse or a screen.

Actually there is a whole package of about 5 plays that can now be run very effectively with Percy, TJack and AP on the reverses alone..

Ok again, please tell us how Jackson runs these 5 plays better than Sage knowing there isnt rollouts even involed in reverses.

Where did you ever get the idea a rollout wouldn't be involved in a reverse or fake reverse?

Someone is going to have to watch Tjack for the run possibility. They won't have to with Sage.

Where did you ever get the idea a rollout wouldn't be involved in a reverse or fake reverse?

Someone is going to have to watch Tjack for the run possibility. They won't have to with Sage.

Ok for the 3rd time. How does a QB fake a reverse when a RB has to give the ball to the WR? And for the 3rd time in a reverse the QB doesnt fake a rollout. The deception is to get the defense to flow fast and hard to the RB and to not pay attention to the QB who just stands in the pocket to accomplish this. There is no run possiblility to account for!! It doesnt matter who is handing the ball off to the RB!!

A QB does not have to give the ball to a RB in a reverse. He can keep it and run with it or hand it of to a Percman going in another direction.

Fake up the middle, rollout to Percman's side and hand off for the reverse.

or hand off for a reverse and pull the double reverse with TJack.

LOL. smile

That's cool, but doesn't change the packages you can run off the reverse or threat of it.