• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official Lions Off-season Thread!!!

Rick

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

time to get this draft train back rolling again

I suspect the Leos are targeting a small group of players at 13:

Aldon Smith, J.J. Watt, Prince Amukamara, Anthony Costanzo are on my short list of guys I'd be ok with.

I suppose they could go with Jimmy Smith or Da'Quan Bowers but I'd rather shy away from those guys - Smith is talented but I worry about his character, and I don't trust Bowers one-year-wonder stats and knee issues

My Day 2 wishlist:

I'd like to see RB, OLB, and WR in rounds 2-4

Hopefully they can tag a OLB like Martez Wilson, Bruce Carter, Mason Foster, or Justin Houston

And a WR that can stretch the field - maybe Baldwin from Pitt, Titus Young from Boise

and I'd love if we picked up RB Ryan Williams, but doubt he lasts to the 3rd round. Maybe Delone Carter from Syracuse or Shane Vereen from Cal

I would think with Staffords record of being hurt all the time that the Lions would be targeting an O-Lineman early...they might have the 1st one off the board.

They were sixth in sacks allowed last year. Year before 20 something??????????? Value can be found in the later rounds.

wow. i would never have predicted that first round.

Can you say best Dline in the league? Sure hope we get a CB or OLB in the 2nd round...

although maybe Ryan Williams or Titus Young falls to us?

With a healthy VandenBosch, this is by far the best D-line in the league. I have no problem with a team stacking up to be the best in an area. It worked for the Packers with the WR corp. The Lions are surely headed in the right direction and I (finally) believe will challenge for the NFC North championship belt. I even predict them slipping in front of the Bears for second place.

Let’s hope not. That could be a good three WR set. Those three, plus Pettigrew and a health Best in the back field. Stafford hopefully stay's healthy. That could be a tuff one to match up on.

If the new RB pans out Lineman can go to his two TE set and pound the ball.

Starting to get fun being a Lion's fan. Actually have some hope.

A strong and powerful d-line has always been Schwartz's MO. In Tennessee he rarely blitzed his LB's. He got enough pressure with the front four, it allowed him to let his LB's to play the run and or drop back into coverage.

If erkel pans out it could be on heck of a d-line. It should allow them to move the front four around and cause some major match up night mares.

Heard some chatter today that the Oakland CB is high on their radar, and the rumors are intensifying. Inside the front office that is. Who knows? Would be a nice addition once they can do something.

Maybe that is why no DB’s were drafted

i don't think they'll spend that much money on one single player. I'd love it if he was here but doubt the front office thinks it is in the best long-term interest to the team

Well according to sports illustrated NFC north standings, the Lions actually scored 28 more points than the Bears last season - despite having their 2nd string QB start 10 games and their 3rd string QB starting 4 games

So I don't think you can say the Bears have a better offense, even if Shaun Hill plays the whole season for the Lions.

Da Bears do have a better defense, no question about that (or did last season, anyways - we'll see how it goes this season)

Interestingly enough, apparently the Lions tried to trade up to grab Peterson - http://www.freep.com/article/20110504/SPORTS01/105040434/1049/rss14

I'd say having Fairley, Young, and Leshoure is better than just having Peterson, but dang it'd be nice to have a pro-bowl corner...

Well I'm not sure that scoring 28 more points tips the scales either way, but point well taken. I'm not a Cutler fan in any way so I don't think it will be hard for Stafford to be a better QB.

I'm just concerned that I've really jumped onto the Lions bandwagon this off-season. I haven't done that since Charles Rogers was drafted!

Lions are leading in voting for Hard Knocks... kind of difficult to believe, but we're actually becoming popular!

Sounds like Stafford's arm is doing well. I'm hopeful that being in the same offensive/defensive schemes for multiple years in a row will pay big dividends this (hopefully) upcoming season

Man with Durant and Tulloch on board, our LB corps is FAR improved. Lions could have a Top 10 defense this year.

Finally have depth at CB, and it sounds like Aaron Berry is performing extremely well and they have high hopes for them.

Extremely pleased with our offseason so far, should do no worse than 3rd in division, ahead of Vikings. Should also contend for a wild card spot, as of right now i'm seeing 8-8 or 9-7