• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Movies Ever?

Chef

A couple of underrated gangster flicks are A Bronx Tale and Once upon a Time in America. They pale in comparison to Godfather, but what doesn't? Good movies in their own right.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Bronx Tale is a great movie!

I actually ran into Lilo Broncato, while he was here working on the soundtrack for that movie. He had a couple pretty good stories about Bob (as he called him (Robert DeNiro)).

I pretty much thought he was making the whole thing up, until a couple of years later, the movie came out.

Best Movie Of All Time - A River Runs Through It

Cinemetography, Humor, Sad and just all around hard not to like if your from the small town midwest and like the outdoors. Great Book Too.

Comedies Old - The Toy, Caddyshack, The Jerk, MP's Holy Grail, 10

Comedies New - Super Troopers, Mallrats, Clerks, Big Lebowski, Dazed And Confused, BASEKETBALL, Office Space

Sci Fi - Alien, Aliens, Empire Strikes Back (Before Lucas added the stupid Mos Eisley CGI critters), Jaws, Sin City, Planet Terror, LOTR, Matrix

Horror - Not a big fan but I lost a week of sleep because of the Mothman Prophecies and for that reason I will give it props.

Dramedy - Forrest Gump

Drama - Saving Private Ryan, American History X

Thriller - Seven, Fallen, Kill Bill

Drama;Gladiator,Dances With Wolves,The 13th Warrior,Goodfellas,Open Range, Tombstone, Braveheart, The Outlaw Josie Wales

Comedy;Pineapple Express,Beerfest,Clerks I & II, Office Space, pretty much anything with Will Ferrel, any of the Trinity movies

Thrillers; Fallen, Seven, Sixth Sense

I actually ran into Lilo Broncato, while he was here working on the soundtrack for that movie. He had a couple pretty good stories about Bob (as he called him (Robert DeNiro)).

I pretty much thought he was making the whole thing up, until a couple of years later, the movie came out.

Wasn't he the one that went to prison for shooting a cop?

Tombstone is my all-time favorite western, even more favorite than Unforgiven. How could I have forgotten that one? Thanks for all these lists, guys. They just keep bringing memories back.

We sure live a lot of our lives through our movies, don't we? Many, many of the movies listed here are must-see flicks. I never got on the Mel Brooks train. Always seemed to me like he took 1/2 hour of funny material and stretched it really thin for a 1.5 to 2 hour movie.

But forgetting to add the modern classic The Princess Bride to my list? Inconceivable! gringrin

Originally Posted By: dtro

Wasn't he the one that went to prison for shooting a cop?

yep, that's him smirk

Comedy: Super Troopers, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, Shaolin soccer, both Grumpy old Men, Napoleon Dynamite.

Horror(I am going to break this one down to genres): Werewolf horror: Silver Bullet, An American Werewolf in London, The Wolfman(I can not WAIT for the 2009 version to be released!)

Demented Killer Horror: Friday The 13th, Halloween, Wrong Turn, Hellraiser

B-class Horror Movies: Storm Warning, Black Water

Favorite of all time: Halloween(New Rob Zombie version).

Action: Transformers, Transporter(1,2,3), Rambo(all of them with the new one being my fav).

Drama: Lakeview Terrace

Movies I have no idea where to put them: Into The Wild(I could watch this movie 100 times over, plus it reminds me of a modern day Jeremiah Johnson), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas(One of my fav Depp movies), Signs(Best M.Night Shyamalan movie, also one of my all time favorites)