• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need your thoughts.

True

congrats true. Riverboat?

If its a 16 or over, there are some required items. Horn and Fire Extinguisher.

Of course make sure you have enough PFD's for everyone.

As far as items I would have with. Small tool kit that has screwdrivers, pliers, cresent wrench, vise grips. Keep a set of extra spark plugs and I also like to have a spare prop. I also like to keep various sizes of batteries for misc items.

The boat is a 1979 16 ft crestliner with a 1989 25hp mariner. It has a floor, front deck and Bow mount trolling motor. Oh and thank you I've been trying to buy a boat for 7 years, so even though it's old its cool to have a boat.

Electrical tape can come in handy in a lot of situations. Works if you don't have band-aids along which leads to the next item to have on a boat and that's a first aid kit. You can find some nice first-aid kits at places like Walmart that come in a plastic box (kind of like a plano box) that have the essentials and won't rust in the boat.

Screwdrivers are essential as pretty much everything in a boat has a screw in it or used to fasten something down. One of those 5-in-1 screwdrivers are nice since they don't take up as much room as multiple drivers. Some sort of knife or cutting tool is handy if you need to strip some wire, for example, to fix a broken connector or something similar while out on the water. A pliers with a good side-cutter might be useful to cut the barb off a hook to get it out of your hand too.

Boats only have so much room and it's tough to take along everything including the kitchen sink, but a small toolbox with a little of this and a little of that might be just enough to MacGyver something together to get the boat back to shore.

The boat is a 1979 16 ft crestliner with a 1989 25hp mariner. It has a floor, front deck and Bow mount trolling motor. Oh and thank you I've been trying to buy a boat for 7 years, so even though it's old its cool to have a boat.

I have a 1979 16 foot Starcraft. Feel free to call it old, but these, along with the Crestliners, are good boats. The hulls are very solidly built. Congrats on the purchase!!!!!

As others have mentioned.....Spark plugs, multi tool like a Leatherman, crescent wrench, screwdrivers, fuses, spare bulbs, flashlight, spare prop, plenty of rope for a tow or tying off to a tree, spare anchor (I've lost a few in my day), I have a spare deep cycle battery for just in case situations.