• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NDSU to the NCAA?

hanson

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can guess where I went to school. I realize NDSU has done something that has not been done in a long time, with going to the dance in their first year of eligibility. I give them "Herd Cred" as PA would say. They should get a 13-14 seed with beating Wisconsin. I just think ripping Tubby is a little harsh. He made a bad choice, we have all been there. He is a great coach and has really brought this team and program around. I would have to believe that next year will only be better.

I just had to say something in this post. I have a cousin in West Fargo and we go around and around on college sports. It's not a good year with UND hockey and now this. I sure hope the Gophers beat Northwestern tomorrow! cry

LMITOUT, Relax and enjoy your five minutes of fame. We all know if they played a Big 10 schedule, the closest they would have come to the big dance would be selling shirts and hats outside of the areana. shocked

It was a great game and I am glad to see them go, but just wanted to keep everything in perspective.

If I was a betting man (and I am), I would be willing to wager one of the Dakota teams comes home with a national title in the money sports of mens basketball or football before the rodents do. Not a good bet on the Dakota teams but much better than betting on the track record of your supposed major university.

Easy there Bryce, crazy It is all in good fun. I do admit that the Bison football and basketball have good programs. I do think Minnesota is headed in the right direction in basketball with Tubby. Now on the other hand, Mr. Brewster still has to prove himself in my book. I would absolutely love to see the Gophers and Bison to come head to head in the big dance, but I doubt the brackets will allow that if we make it.

I get a real kick out of all of this. NDSU winning a D1A football or hoops title before the Gophers? I'd take that bet all day Bryce. But I think that one might not be solved for a good long time smile

LMIT, how about some emoticons to note the thick sarcasm bud? smile

To everybody else, in the words of Mike Tice, "Ok, calm down." There's no reason to rain on NDSU's parade. They made the tournament and get their chance. Plenty of other "hick" teams will get their chance, and some will score upsets. That's the beauty of March Madness.

Everyone here knows that they will get pounded by 40 points in the opening round. So what... Thats not the point. And sure there re schools that deserve to make the tournament and won't, that happens every year. But if you can show me a team that fought as hard as NDSU did to little loan get into D1 a couple years ago (many people thought they didn't belong) then get accepted by any conference (who wants a team that won't make it in D1?), and then win that concerence go to the big dance...

Lets see it

I am happy for the school and more importantly happy for the people of Fargo. They deserve a little spotlight.

the gophers blew it down the stretch. they had their chance being up by 11 with 9 mins left against a mediocre michigan team. they have angered me as much as gopher hockey this year and i am not a big basketball fan. gophers can have their shot next year. of course they still have the big 10 tourney, but it doesn't look good for them. i will root for NDSU since there are probably some MN kids on the team. it would be silly to think ND produces D1 college basketball players.

Originally Posted By: KMR85
it would be silly to think ND produces D1 college basketball players.

huh?

I think what hes trying to say. Is that with the dating their cousins, watching nascar, "herding" their sheep, drinking budwieser, voting republican, and brushing the one tooth they have left, they really dont have time to play basketball.

huh?

huh? does the state of north dakota put out a lot of D1 basketball players?

Oh come on now, I can't believe you all don't remember Les Jepson from Bowbells ND? Mac MacCausland and Larry Morgan used to make those of us listening to IA Hawkeye basketball about puke every time they mentioned that. Congrats to NDSU on making the tournament. Their big gun Whiteside played his high school ball just down the road from Bugtussle here.

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT

huh?

I think what hes trying to say. Is that with the dating their cousins, watching nascar, "herding" their sheep, drinking budwieser, voting republican, and brushing the one tooth they have left, they really dont have time to play basketball.

Well, what you said and what he said are two of the most ignorant things I've read in a quite a while. Although not surprising coming from Minnesotans.

Out of the 15 players 3 are from North Dakota, one of those 3 went to high school in Minnesota

0 Flowers, Dejuan F 6-7 220 Jr. Shakopee, Minn. (Mt. San Jacinto JC) (Hopkins HS)

4 Coleman, Freddy G 6-3 220 So. St. Paul, Minn. (St. Paul Johnson HS)

10 Woodside, Ben G 5-11 185 Sr. Albert Lea, Minn. (Albert Lea HS)

12 Lundberg, Drew G 6-2 180 So. Owatonna, Minn. (Northern Iowa) (Owatonna HS)

20 Riley, Lorenzo F 6-6 230 Sr. Platte City, Mo. (Platte County HS)

21 Pennick, Austin G 6-3 195 Jr. Fargo, N.D. (Moorhead Park Christian HS)

22 Winkelman, Brett F 6-6 220 Sr. Morris, Minn. (Morris Area HS)

23 Tveidt, Michael F 6-7 210 So. Pierre, S.D. (T.F. Riggs HS)

25 Carlson, Eric F 6-6 220 RFr. Shakopee, Minn. (Shakopee HS)

31 Nelson, Mike G 6-4 185 Sr. Madison, Wis. (Madison Memorial HS)

32 Vaughan, Josh G 6-4 200 Jr. Braham, Minn. (Braham HS)

34 Sussenguth, Sam F 6-8 235 Jr. Willmar, Minn. (Willmar HS)

40 Moormann, Lucas C 6-10 240 Sr. Dickinson, N.D. (Dickinson HS)

42 Shockman, Caleb F 6-6 195 Fr. LaMoure, N.D. (LaMoure HS)

50 Nagel, Andy F 6-9 245 Fr. Fort Dodge, Iowa (St. Edmond HS)

8 of them are Minnesota Boys

Phil Jackson is from N.D.

That Boschee kid that played for Kansas (?) a few years back was pretty darn good. Pretty sure he was a NoDak'er.

Just a couple off the top of my limited basketball knowledged mind.

Originally Posted By: petepeters
Originally Posted By: LMITOUT

huh?

I think what hes trying to say. Is that with the dating their cousins' date=' watching nascar, "herding" their sheep, drinking budwieser, voting republican, and brushing the one tooth they have left, they really dont have time to play basketball. [/quote']

Well, what you said and what he said are two of the most ignorant things I've read in a quite a while. Although not surprising coming from Minnesotans.

You belong on the View.

Let's follow the golden rule. Here's a refresher: "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"

Lay off North Dakota, Minnesota, Mars, Sicily, Jupiter, or wherever else you feel is inferior to your home range. We don't need this to be the first basketball thread ever locked! shocked

One of the reasons that is my favorite site is because there is so little name calling and bashing. If I want that I can go to N.Dak Fishing Buddies. Knock it off. I am from Fargo and I cheer for both the Bison and Gophers and I would imagine that the majoity of us on here do so also.

I was just noticing the Bison are like 44-5 over the last 4 years at home thats impressive.

How many people can they cram into their Arena?

If this keeps up they may have to build a bigger Place to play.

This is the NCAA's Baby! Go Bison!

The Bison Sports Arena (BSA)... what a beauty she is. wink

Only time I ever saw the inside of the BSA was when the Johnny Holmes Band played the first week of fall semester. Good times! grin

Go Bison...hope a Cinderella story happens....I like cheering for the underdog...especially my fav school NDSU! Boy its been awhile since being in the BSA and Chub's Pub!