• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HS Tourney Time!

quackersmacker

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't miss any of his 5 goals....We'll find out which team looks quicker, we need to get these two teams to play and see for ourselves and we will tomorrow at Noon! smile

Didn't see this landslide coming. . . but as stated before I didn't like LF's short bench. Should be a good final tomorrow though. Both teams skate/check very well.

Originally Posted By: cw642
Originally Posted By: KMR85
Congrats to Hutchinson for winning a game at state for the first time in a few trips. They got pounded by Warroad, but Warroad was waaaayyyy faster all around. I don't want to knock my home team, but I don't know if they can take Lourdes. Lourdes looked like they had way more speed than Hutch, from what I saw in their game against Breck. Either way...Go Hutch!

Didn't see their game today. But I was at the one on Wed. Did they make sure to take a few after the whistle cheep shots in today's game too? When you hit the arguably one of the top players in the state from behind three seconds after the whistle is blown then take a cross ice run and hit him from the back again, your team has no place in the tourney. It was too bad to see their play turn to that. Just my opinion.

I only caught a little bit of the Warroad game at lunch. Didn't get to see any of the game against Mahtomedi. As for the cheap shots you refer to, I hope it's true. It would be payback from the cheap shots Warroad had in the 1997 Tourney against Hutch. wink Go SC Cathedral!!!!

YOU HOPE ITS TRUE????

The kids on the team today were only 3-5 yrs old in 1997 yet you think that the cheap play is warranted? Although I might agree that at age of 5 these boys would have gave the Hutch team this year a run for the money, it by no means says try to hurt one of the states top players. By the way, they had more cheap shots than shots on goal(5 total)Thats a proud stat.

So, I overheard a few of the younger LF fans talking about game strategies before the Breck/ LF game. Joking they said LF was planing on zoning in on the forwards and picking apart the goalie, And Breck was going to quadruple cover Hanowski and hope nobody else scored. Guess they were right! Wish I was there when the final seconds ran out to hear what they were saying then.

Breck takes the Class A title over warroad 7-3, game was well played by both sides and closer than the score. (2 empty netters)I have to admit I'm sad to see another class A private school with a history of state titles win another one but what can you do.

Eden Prairie is a hech of a team, Moorhead gave it their all but they just didn't have the horses to stay with them. It would have been nice to see Edina or DE make the finals but thats why they play the games.

It kind of took the wind out of Moorhead's sails with the first goal being called back. It was the right call, but should we really have reviewable calls like this in High School sports? IMO.....NO!!

Another thing that I think had an impact is a checking from behind into the boards behind the Moorhead goal that eventually led up to EP's first goal. In any other game or against any other team, that is atleast a 2 & 10 penalty that the ref's neglected to call.

Sorry to vent, but when they're running a 4 ref system like this, there's nothing that should be getting by as far as blatant penalties go. From what I was able to attend, in some cases it turned more into "GOON" Hockey. Where's the talent in that?

The "no goal" was a buzzkill but that's no excuse. They should have been able to rebound from something like that. Heck, they just lost 8 in a row and all of a sudden they're playing for the state title. I like the ability to review especially during tournament time. It can make or break a final score which, at times, we'd never otherwise known the right answer to.

That was checking from behind. Very surprised they did not make that call but in the end, it wouldn't have mattered. EP is very strong and will probably be back next year. 10 sophmores? WOW!

It's calls like that, or lack of, that can bolster a team enough to rebound. Until that point, it appeared to me that EP was on their heels more than Moorhead. The fact that it was a checking from behind itself is a 2 & 10 penalty. Had the Moorhead player been injured more than he was, it would have been a game misconduct.

I agree that a good team should be able to overcome a situation like this but after the officiating sets the tone as they did in this game, the hurdles are set so high that even EP would have had trouble getting over the top.

I was at the game. I think the two first-period E.P. goals did more than the non-call. The non-call was unfortunate for Moorhead and really should have been called, but there were a ton of non-calls on both sides. The refs let them play.