• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oneida lake ny.

The fishing in Oneida lake last winter was fantastic, you could catch 3 walleyes and be home by noon. This year no one is catching hardly any I think I got 4 for the whole ice season. Are the walleyes bunched up where no one can find them or are they just not hungry? any ideas that might work. The lake is only about 40 feet deep but we used to catch them from 20 to 28 feet deep.

Buy a depthfinder and drill holes until you mark fish. Catch a fish you marked and if wrong species your looking for, keep drilling till you find what you want.

By the way, being from Minnesota I have no idea how big of lake that is.

Lester - A few differences from this year to last - Overall walleye numbers are down for the catchable year classes of walleyes and the lake seem to be loaded with food. Baitfish - shad, buckeyes, small fish, plus small stuff like shrimp, blood worms, ect...

Every lake goes through cycles.

Perch numbers are up and as they say "head west"...

I agree with Dark Cloud last fall was the worst year for walleye fishing in 20 yrs I kinda figured this winter was going to be the same.The shad population has grown dramaticly in the lake alot of them use to die off in the late fall for some reason they are surviving which makes it harder to catch fish.The fish in the lake that are adults are very nice in size a little large for my likeing for eating.Lester I would try useing a glow jigging rap, white sonar something that resembles gizzard shad from now till the 15th of march. I would be fishing the beach area any where from 15fow to what ever alot of people over look the shallows thats where I have had my best luck for eyes late ice.Maybe we can meet up before the 15th and give it a shot wink.

Well my job prospects are few and far between, so It looks like I wont be back to work any time soon. It sucks in a way but in another good light we have managed to be able to live on her check and my unemployment, so im lookin at some more ice time before it goes away.. I have put more time in on the ice this year than I ever have and im thinkin I like it!!

I thought you were an Erieville Man Callie...what gives?

Are you cashing in on your favorite PUDDLE and Hittin' the Big "O" because you are bored or need the exercise whistle

Like Thunder stated...the Beach is Gettin' Hot cool

Oh...BTW, DC...I have never even seen a Perch on the end of your line, in your bucket or on the Ice in front of you. Tank has taught you well Jedi...but I heard you DON'T know how to find fish laugh

I know I know, I jumped on the big O band wagon. But when The almighty AW my fish findin freak give up on the smaller waters to the south, there is no need to fish them. Yes I have become a fan of Oneida a little. Yes I need the excercise. Have you seen my gut??? If you factor in the cost for me to drive the 3/4 ton Sierra to erieville then look at the cost to drive to Oneida, On umnemployment. Oneida is the place to be. gringrin. So momma has been home fro FLorida for a day and a half and I need a break!! Is that bad??? Someone tell me where and when we are fishin!!!!!