• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bucktails

Cooter

Thanks - I can't take much credit for the green/black bou, had Ron at Crazy D tie the chicken up for me.

I've got a bunch of single blade tails from years past - more than I could ever use, but there's no denying the big doubles catch some nice fish.

Kinda funny with the camera flash, those yellow looking blades are your typical musky orange.

I've got a pair of #13s in flame sitting around as well as a couple of the willowbeast blades from baitrigs on the way. grin

Yeah I'm a big fan of the 'bou too. Takes SO much longer to tie than the tinsel or silicon.

Cooter, did you like the way your #9s turned out? I made up one with silicon and it came together really well. Hopefully will be able to water test next week sometime before I make a few more.

Really like the red tinsel one and the white silicon/chart blades.

50inch - I haven't had the 9s in the water yet, will soon though. I'm looking forward to throwing the red/copper one this year and a bud does well around here on the white/cht.

50inch - I haven't had the 9s in the water yet, will soon though. I'm looking forward to throwing the red/copper one this year and a bud does well around here on the white/cht.

Here's my double 9 with a DCG for reference. Black silicon, straight and simple. Can't find my 13 for the life of me but once I make the new one I'll try and post both. I think the 7/0s are just small enough to work.

double9x.jpg

i've got the saltist for the fast presentations, was really impressed with that reel last night. honestly i think i'm just going to rebuild that one and take the 9s off.

yeah chart/black is one of my favorite combos, especially at night

Got them all wet last night. The ch/white is something of beauty in the water. Only had two culls out of about 15 of them. I tossed a double 10 and then an inline 7, talk about night and day difference!

One of the culls was a double 9, I'm pretty sure I had too much weight up front. I tore it apart and duplicated the ch/wh that ran so well.

The inline 7 seemed OK but I only took two short casts with it. I think with those small inline blades the key can be putting the right sized bead under it.

Had a couple double 8, maybe they were 9, fluted indiana that worked well. Seemed to run further out from the shaft than the regular 9s - certainly had more pull to the fluted.

Thats cool because I have some sweet number 8 fluted blades that are 3 and 4 different colors.

Also found some big green with yellow speckle french that ran great, have some of those in red and a couple other colors.

Out of hooks, beads, and skirt collars right now!

Oh yeah, that tandem spinnerbait with the big 10 on the end ran great. About thumped the rod out of my hand, no lack of vibration there!

The two colors I've never used much, gold/purple and copper/red, both looked sweet. Man you can make a wake and move water with those 10s! Won't be throwing those all day long.

Bit the bullet again and ordered some willow beast blades, they are a large willowleaf for sure! Haven't put any together yet but will post a pic when done. Not sure if I'll double them up like bait rigs does or just single - pretty spendy.

I don't know how I missed this thread!

I like tying my own tails and have seen a fair number of fish on them. Only one season under my belt, a few near hits, and more some great follows. Even was asked to make some for friends, which is always fun.

If I get time I'll have to take some pics and put em up here.

Cooter - I too picked up a large hvy duty willow to test out this season. We'll see how they do.