• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what should i get

coombia21

I agree, both are nice units, I own houses from both companies. But one thing really separates them.... Sled strength. Clam Corp Fish Traps are very nice units. But when I am going to hit big water or plan on really covering some ground, my Otter houses are the only way I go. Behind my snowmobile or my ATV without even consideration it will be my Otter. On my ATV rack I can carry my Fish Trap Pro's or Scout, but I will not pull them behind from expierience. I have never EVER had a strength compromise on an Otter Sled with hyfax. Sturdy, Reliable, Roomy, and the best for rugged conditions.

Again, I own multiple portable houses, many will confirm this, and I have no issues with either, as a matter of fact, these two companies I mention are all of my fleet.... But like I said above, it is hard to beat an Otter, especially on a multiple man unit!!!

Good luck on your purchase and enjoy your time on ice!

they r basically the same thing just different brands...

Not the same. Totally different canvas, seating, pole design, sizes, and durability. Strongest and longest lasting there is on the market

Not to mention Customer Service. Which is rarely needed. And if they are located in Maple Lake

x2 muc33

Originally Posted By: pdk511
they r basically the same thing just different brands...

Not the same. Totally different canvas, seating, pole design, sizes, and durability. Strongest and longest lasting there is on the market

Not to mention Customer Service. Which is rarely needed. And if they are located in Maple Lake

x2 muc33

Both use a 900 deneer fabric, both use 1 1/4" dia. poles one Sqr. one round, Both have nylon slides on the poles. Seats are the same, X2 sled is about an exact copy of the Otter. Didn't like the light color on the inside of the x2 and it's not quite as high, otherwise it looks to me like a copy of the Otter Lodge.