• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mavs v. Gophs

Down to Earth

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Troy Jutting was my dads roomate in college and i love the mavs!

yeah? Boe is a good friend of mine who got sucker punched a couple times by Shack! But I know Boe did make a check from behind...gophers lost their opporunity for a 5 min pp...not that they would have won anyway.

I smell suspension for Shack, I hope 5 games!

well the we (mavs) have the book now on Kangas allmost ever one the was socred was the over his right side ....i dont think we got 5 in the net at the same spot with out trying for something like that lol .....i think kangas forgot that the net is more then 2 feet high ..on the first gole he never even closed up the 5 hole ...come on that is HIS falt we should not have got that one in but you cant blame him on all of them the Ds really sucked and i do not think they where ready for are speed that was just a bad hockey game on the part of the gophers i know they can paly better then that but i was just happy we where able to keep hiting that #1 line a lot i think that really helped to get them off of there game ever time they started to get going we would thrwop a big hit and then they would have to start over they to get going agin i just dont think they where thinking we would come out hiting like that....well now the ? is do they play Kangas or not in the last 5 games his has gave up 23 goles and was pulled 2 of the games i dont think they will play him to night you need to give the team a new spark after geting man handled like they did her in kato i think takeing kanges out would do that but being a mavrick fan and suporter i hope they play kanges he was just differrnt then ever other time he has played here or i have watched him so idk .... i hope they play just as bad as they did last night .. that is my 2 cents on the game

well the we (mavs) have the book now on Kangas allmost ever one the was socred was the over his right side ....i dont think we got 5 in the net at the same spot with out trying for something like that lol .....i think kangas forgot that the net is more then 2 feet high ..on the first gole he never even closed up the 5 hole ...come on that is HIS falt we should not have got that one in but you cant blame him on all of them the Ds really sucked and i do not think they where ready for are speed that was just a bad hockey game on the part of the gophers i know they can paly better then that but i was just happy we where able to keep hiting that #1 line a lot i think that really helped to get them off of there game ever time they started to get going we would thrwop a big hit and then they would have to start over they to get going agin i just dont think they where thinking we would come out hiting like that....well now the ? is do they play Kangas or not in the last 5 games his has gave up 23 goles and was pulled 2 of the games i dont think they will play him to night you need to give the team a new spark after geting man handled like they did her in kato i think takeing kanges out would do that but being a mavrick fan and suporter i hope they play kanges he was just differrnt then ever other time he has played here or i have watched him so idk .... i hope they play just as bad as they did last night .. that is my 2 cents on the game

be careful about criticizing goalies now.

im a goalie and im telling ya, its hard work.

Read my quote and then reply to this

Any ole, ole chanting going on at Alltel north? Looked like the mavs got some game film of the Sioux series. Put a pounding on an undersized team and watch them fall apart. You could tell the rodents were in trouble right away last night by how fast their sticks came up.

Originally Posted By: 7outof10

be careful about criticizing goalies now.

im a goalie and im telling ya, its hard work.

Read my quote and then reply to this

i never said being a goalie is not hard... i never played goalie i use to play wing so i am not in any place to say if it is hard or not what... i said was troy did a good job and finding where to shoot on him Friday night 5 out of the 6 all went to the same spot and that was not a fulk that it happented i could not see the 2 goals from last night because i was to low in the rink i still think if they would not have had kangas they would have had a better changes of wining once we got are 2 goals you could just see the gofs slow now and kind of say ... here we go again .....even if kangas did not paly that bad they needed more life in that team and i have seen a goalie come out of a game when he is playing good just to get more life into the team ....but i think the big blow to the gophers last night was when stoa got kicked out of the game that hurt then he was the captain of the team and a big leader and he ran the powerplay so ...... but i was not happy with how the mavs played we did not put the presser on the Ds that we needed to becouse there is only on really good D we did not take advance of that like we could and should have if we would have been playing good we should of had 3 more but back to the gophers if you want my 2 cents on why they are loosing so bad all the time is they are trying to be to fast and score to much......you have to have good D fence if you want to win a game and that meas everyone on the ice has to play d even the wings and the center has to get back faster and try to do more

Congrats to MSU on their first ever SWEEP of the Gophers!

Big Weekend for the Kato Crowd and the MSU Hockey Program!

Ditto PB. MSU played well both nights and deserved the sweep.

Now, if only the Goofers could finish on a scoring opportunity...

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
Congrats to MSU on their first ever SWEEP of the Gophers!

Big Weekend for the Kato Crowd and the MSU Hockey Program!

Ditto PB. MSU played well both nights and deserved the sweep.

Now, if only the Goofers could finish on a scoring opportunity...

now if only team otter could be a fan of the right team .....just remember you can come over to mankato any time you want to get a really nice MSU hat we allways welcome new fans to are team .....

This was the best college hockey series....EVER.

neither of the games were as awesome as when we came from 3 down to beat them for the first time ever when i went to school their.

i love gopher sports...EXCEPT hockey. The gopher hockey team is on my list with the packers, white sox, skankees, and red sox.

Beautiful. not only did the good guys win, they dominated

what a stomping! I hope the mavs can do this a couple more times and have a positive attitude when the play offs start..

great plays allowed mankato to get some breakaway goals and a terrible goalie helped us out too...

GO MAVS

Yes, great series for the Purple Cows. Just loved rubbing it in to all my front-running gopher fan buddies. It seems to me that MN will get beat as soon as a team with a good goaltender and some physical play come to town.

Too many pretty boys on that gopher squad. That has been their problem the last few years.

Thanks for the easy sweep guys. We needed it. Now we are only one point out of home ice.

Oh and anyone that wants to talk like this is their first sweep, lifetime series records, etc. Lets take a look at the last 2 or 3 years, they are pretty even. This year we lead 2-1-1.

Here's the WCHA stats from the last three years.

2007 WCHA final standings

#2 Minnesota 21-5-2

#6 Minnesota State 10-16-2

Gophers 4-1-0 vs. Mavs

2006 WCHA final standings

#1 Minnesota 18-7-3

#8 Minnesota State 10-13-5

Gophers 2-1-1 vs. Mavs

2005 WCHA final standings

#1 Minnesota 20-5-3

#7 Minnesota State 12-13-3

Gophers 2-0-0 vs. Mavs

My point is the Mavs put up a better fight than most have given them credit for and this year dominated them.

Pretty good for a bunch of "gopher rejects". I like to hear that chant, you do it to St. Cloud too and they usually whip yer butts too.

Just as someone else said, I am 100% gopher fan in anything other than hockey. Arrogance and a Yankee like hate for them makes most of us not living in the concrete jungle hate them.

Also, a #5 ranking is laughable when they are tied for 4th in their own conference.