• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chains for ATV?

snoozebutton

i have V bars on mine, i got a 05 honda foreman, the only problem with putting them on the rear is that the rear end doesnt have much weight to really dig the chains in being that im only 150lbs, compared to on the front which it seemed like i could go through anything almost, with all 4 chained up, but its a must to have chains at least on the rear if your gonna be on the ice, i got mine outa dennis kirk 5 years ago and they still look pretty good.

they are not always the answer. I was up north riding the wheeler on a packed sled trail on the lake. With chains I lost all my flotation and just dug through the hardpack snow and got stuck. As soon as I took them off I could get all over with no problems. Chains or not if your going up north right now leave the wheeler at home. I had chains on a grizzly 660. good luck

I got V bars from Fleet Farm for less than $50. In 'sconi you'd have to go to Blaine's Farm and Fleet, though. You won't regret having them when you need them, and you can always take them off.

Thanks everyone and Farm and Fleet is about 45 miles away where as Wizard's in Chisholm charges $8.00 shipping on orders under $100 and free shipping on orders over $100. The chains for my machine would run $49.95 a pair there so I think all 4 would be a tad over $100 with tax.

I have a big bear 400 and also have chains for the rear but rarely put them on . Last year I did but unless your on ice I really don't think it matters and I even plow without mine on .

Here is what I'm realizing is that if I have the plow on and angled it will move enough snow out of the way to get good traction underneath to keep right on motoring even in a field that has had no traffic or snow removal all winter .It keeps things from hanging up .

Now that I think about it I have used the plow just like that too in heavy slush on the lake but I did have chains on .

Chains on the front though the rumour mill says can create issues for the front end . I don't know though because I only have them for the rear .

TD