• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

08-09 Snowmobiling Pictures

Central Bassman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned from Cooke City today, snow was pretty good, we had some good powder in places but nothing like they are getting now, they should have about another 2 feet on top of what we were riding on ( 10 - 15 inches ) these past few days. Should be some great riding late into the season out there this year again.

Here's a few pics......

Clint.jpg

ClintDown.jpg

Climb4.jpg

Climbing.jpg

RobClimbing.jpg

climbing2.jpg

play.jpg

Group.jpg

Joe.jpg

MarkJumpin.jpg

M8Over.jpg

RobinTrees.jpg

Here has to be the luckiest King Cat in the Rocky Mnts' this past weekend. He goes up, probably a 800 foot climb, looses the sled at the top and the sled rolls 5 times ( no rider ), rights itself back onto it's skis and comes down the hill, had about a 300 foot run on these 2 trees that it was heading for ( you can see the sled tracks to the left and above the 2 trees in the pic, kind of coming in at a angle ), about 30 feet above the trees the sled does a adjustment to its track down and SQUEEZES between these 2 trees probably not even 10 feet apart, I was waiting for a explosion, sled must have been going 30 mph. UNBELIVEABLE !!! It basicaly rolled to a stop at the bottom, only thing that took a beating was the hood and a spedo cable, NO WAY I would have been that lucky! A buddy of mine and myself were basicaly administering last rights to the sled on it's way down before we saw it spring thru the trees, both of our jaws dropped when we saw that!

KingTracks.jpg

LuckyCat.jpg

Woke up to this Saturday morning and decided to head for home, visiblity sux when it's snowing this heavy and we were only going to ride for a few hours anyway.

goinghome.jpg

loadedforhome.jpg

Mike

YOU DIDN'T GO !?!?!?!

Then I am glad your mad grin if we would have been there another day or 2, you WOULD NOT have wanted to see those pics, from what I heard, they picked up somewhere between 2 - 3 MORE FEET of snow after we left. Just think, you would have had all that FRESH, DEEP, UNTRACKED POWDER all to yourself for DAYS because no one else was there gringrin that is what make spring riding in the mtn's so much fun.

The XP was a rental, we should have had 3 King Cats but the 3rd one blew up just a 1/2 mile from the parking lot where we started, I'm pretty sure he picked up some bad gasoline in Cody, that stuff wouldn't hardly burn and the flame would go out shortly after lighting it, something wasn't right.

My sled is the red 1M, see, I'm the only one that pretty much takes pictures on these trips, that way, my screwups don't end up on the web whistlegrin all I have to do is get myself in position to take pics but I messed up when he went up the hill with the King Cat and it came down by itself cry MAN !! that would have made some great video there!

You could still be looking at a easy month of very nice riding up there yet if a person wants to get out there.

Mike

YOU DIDN'T GO !?!?!?!

Then I am glad your mad grin if we would have been there another day or 2, you WOULD NOT have wanted to see those pics, from what I heard, they picked up somewhere between 2 - 3 MORE FEET of snow after we left. Just think, you would have had all that FRESH, DEEP, UNTRACKED POWDER all to yourself for DAYS because no one else was there gringrin that is what make spring riding in the mtn's so much fun.

You could still be looking at a easy month of very nice riding up there yet if a person wants to get out there.

Thanks for them details!!! madsick As of right now from the sounds of it we are going to Cooke Late winter nexts year and the Big Horns in mid Feb!! I think i'm going to rent on both trips,(how was renting in cooke?) i just don't want to sit on a new sled all year long, i would rather buy a boat!€

Thanks for them details!!! madsick

Not a problem grin

Renting isn't too much of a problem, depending on how late it gets you might want to call ahead ( late march / april ). After he blew up the King Cat he couldn't rent a sled until Friday, Arctic Cat / Yamaha dealer was closed and the Exxon Stations' guy ( Ski Doo / Polaris ) that rents the sleds wasn't around Thurs.

Neither places offer insurance, you have to provide your own if you want.

For me, I wouldn't rent, I like having fun out there and the thought of wrecking a rental takes all the fun out of it, I'd rather bring my own setup short tracker out there than rent, you shouldn't have much trouble getting around that time of the year for the most part unless they REALLY get dumped on, then you have the option to rent if it gets that deep.

We had one guy a couple years ago fall off his rental, went down the hill and hit a tree, $2200 damage just like that, plus you still had your $200 per day rental fee eek

Mike