• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peek a boo!

I went snowshoeing at the state park today, and this is all I got for my efforts. There certainly is no shortage of deer in and around the park. It's tough to get something besides a boring doe just standing and looking at me. Actually, she was found before I even got to the park.

I was in the park for about an hour, and the only bird I saw was a skittish Kingfisher. It's been 3 weeks since I got a good shot of a bird. If this continues much longer, I'm going to go crazy. crazy

3132277806_b825f194cd_o.jpg

But why, couldn't it have been a 12 point buck?

You are thinking through the scope of your gun, X-T, instead of the viewfinder of your camera. This is my favorite of all your deer shots. Even over the doe in the dame's rocket. A 12 point buck may draw a hunter and a few others to your photo, but this little girl has the capability of drawing anyone to her. The tree is a big part of the photo, so is the blue shadow on the snow. But her expression is timeless--it starts a real communication between your photo and the viewer of the photo.