• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishin' Pranks

northernsportman

I am sure a version of this has been done many times before...but we were up in a sleeper on Mille Lacs, had caught and filleted out a walleye earlier that day. Sp when one of our group went outside to relieve himself we quickly reeled up his rattle reel and tied his line through the mouth and gill of the walleye carcus and then dropped it back down the hole. When tied up the line it took about 2 feet of line out and the boober was under the ice when our buddy came back in. We didnt say a word, and it actually took him about 15 minutes to look down his hole and see the bobber down. He must have wondered why he didnt hear a rattle - but in the heat of things he just started reeling up and brought up a "nice" walleye smile

One thing i like to do is when i take someone new out fishing is i like to collapse one leg to look like i broke threw the ice. sounds a lil mean but i love the reaction of everyone cause there face turns pale and they jump 10ft back in a instant and i cant help but just falling to the ice laughing.

also if someone goes and checks there tip up and leaves there pole in the water for me to watch i will reel it up and put the depth finder on it and love seeing strike and reeling it in.

I went outside last year and came back in to reel up a trophy mountain dew can tied onto my line. I've seen tip up fisherman pull up all kinds of things from shoes to crescent wrenches. I'll be interested to hear the rest of the stories from you guys

Last winter on Winni, I snagged the the line of a buddy in a portable next to mine, and he had quite a few beers by now so I took his line (with gloves on) pull, bobbed, gave, took for about five minutes then I snapped the line. After about 10 minutes of him crying and swearing I put his hook in the mouth of perch I caught earlier and asked if this was what all the fuss was about. Now that was funny.

Years ago when you could still get cherry bombs and silver salutes we used to creep up to a buddys sleeper house at about 1:00 am on a saturday night. We'd set the cherry bomb right out side the front door and use a non filtered ciggarette as a delay fuse. You could be a half mile away before it went off!

The DNR of all people pulled a prank on one guy here in MI. A guy left his tip ups out all night and did not watch them and the DNR came across them. On one of them he tied on one of those flashing amber construction barrel lights. I would have loved to see the look on his face when he pulled that through the hole.

Used to bring a BB gun on ice....esp the small handgun types.

Set up portable within shooting distance of tip-up spread. Position shack so door faces away from owner of said tip-ups. Aim for the flags, takes a lonnngggg time to trip one as they're terribly inaccurate. Fun for the whole day.

In the hardside there's way too many pranks to pull.

Minnow in the beverage can.....disconnect the lights and stack towers of cans throughout the shack.....bucket of water in front of the door outside so it's good and slippery for a nighttime potty break. All kinds of fun ice fishing!

Joel

A couple times each season I program a strike sensor transmitter to the same frequency as my buddy's receiver and keep him running around. Along the same line, I have not tried it, but sometime I am going to program my remote auto-pilot to his motor setting and mess with him as we troll near each other.

We were fishing on Mille lacs a few years ago with a buddy who just came along to drink and get away from wife and kids. He is not much of a fishermen or drinker so he tries to take a nap (becasue of his hangover) with his feet on the end of the bunk with the rattle wheel. We took of his sock and tied the line to his toe. Well about 20 to 30 minutes later we saw that line moving and then it really started pulling his toe harder and harder. When he finally felt it he screamed like a little girl not sure what was going on. We allhad a good laugh untill he pulled out a nice 27inch walleye.

mountain dew cans are always a favortie for us except when your friend thinks its a prank and doesn do anything about it and looses a fish haha or spraying a whole bunch of snow and slush on someones tip up with the snomobile or four wheeler. At LOW last year a fish caught all six or so of our lines and while one of my friends (Lubey) was trying to untangle them all ( which was almost impossible) would pull everyonce and a while and another guy we were with thought it was a fish everytime and would jump across the whole ten foot ice house trying to save his pole. Can't wait for ice fishing now!

Have not done this prank yet,but me and a buddy talk about doing it.My buddy is a diver and does ice dives.See where were going here.We have talked about him going down at night in a cluster of houses and jigging a few lines and hooking shoes and different objects on the lines.He wants to pop his head up in someones hole at night and watch them @@@@. grin