• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Products from Aqua-Vu

JP Z

For this upcoming year, Aqua-Vu has quite a few new products that will really work well in Ice-Fishing.

The main Unit that will impact Ice-fishing is the Quad-360. This is a Unit with 4 independent cameras, so you will constantly have a 360º View of the underwater world. It comes in either a system with a 7" Monitor or as a Camera-only which can be plugged into any monitor from a 9" TV/VCR to a 30" Plasma.
47b4ce34b3127ccea8f2faf9c2110000001610

I'll change the picture once I get a better link.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z
My Sponsors

[This message has been edited by jpz (edited 10-15-2004).]

Matt,

You will ALWAYS have the 4 images on screen.

Toad,

And yes! WE will have replacement fish skins. They will pretty much be like Cell-Phone covers. For $20 you can buy whichever one you want and install it with 8 screws.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z
My Sponsors

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 10-15-2004).]

I'lltakewhatIcanget,

Capra's are sort of involved. Not as much now that NatureVision Merged With Photocontrol down in the Cities. It's a diffferent Board of Directors now. But Capra's still have a bit invested.

And yes, The perch would be a great Decoy. The other fishskins are a Bluegill, Shiner, Golden Shiner, Emerald Shiner, Baby Bass, and Crappie.

47b4ce34b3127ccea8fceb2543f60000001610
------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z
My Sponsors

does anyone know how much the cam will cost? just the camara not the whole screen. also would you need a special hook up for that then of does it run off the regular cables? and someone already asked this but it will show all four screens on a regular tv right? sorry for all the questions but im just a poor highschool kid so if im gunna spend the money i want to to be worth it.

RR56

Matt,
i was looking at some ads for it after reading this post, and it looks like it does. Seems like a TOY for the serious fisherman grin.gif Although those cameras are pretty sweet (i've got a marcum) i think they **** me off more than they help. If the fish aren't biting you get to see exactly what you're NOT catching mad.gif We did have one slimer grab the camera and start swimming away with it though, that was pretty cool. I don't think i'll have to worry about deciding to but one of those things, i'm still paying off my fish trap on the gander mt credit card from last winter rolleyes.gif

Got a question for you JP. What are you guys gonna do with all the gashed-up fish-shaped camera housings? wink.gif Should be interesting to find out how fish react to these things. What a pike decoy they'd make!

Thanks for continuing to offer products that, at least in mind, remain the industry standard. Keep the good stuff coming! smile.gif

-a friend,
Cory

The New lights incorporated in the Quad are placed above the cameras so as to not interfere and add the particles in front of the cameras. The new lighting this year is called Spectral Response (SR) and is a Red and Blue Light source.

The SR Lighting will be in all units except the Scout and Ice-Pro which will have Infrared lighting and the Spool-Color which will have White Lighting.

Jpz-I'm a little surprised you also didn't mention that Aqua-Vu will also be comming out with a unit that does not need to be coverd with a housing. You can see this thing in broad day light... also comes in a color version! YEE HAW~

I saw the quad earlier this year with my own eyes... way cool...it could easily be hooked up to a larger t-v for larger perm fish houses.

jpz. Is there any way to switch from one view to the next and then back to 4-way split? I like the bigger monitor, but with 4 views, it's actually smaller per view. Also, do the views overlap? I'm also assuming the Quad360 does not come with the fish decoy? Does it have direction/temp/depth? Capable of downviewing?

Thanks for your time JPZ. I'm in the market for a new camera this season and would like your two cents worth.

Rod Bender

JP... Long time no talk grin.gif I love the look of the new camera! I take it I can replace my MC2X camera head with the new one? Does it come with a 120 foot cable? If so, I may be giving you a call soon wink.gif

I'm also in the market for a new camera this year, Rod Bender did a nice job summing up most of my questions. My big concerns are the ability to switch from split screen (4 cameras) to full screen (one camera)and the ability to look straight down. If I hooked up a color tv to this camera will the images be in color or black and white? Not as big a deal but the addition of depth would make this camera even more attractive.

I got to see the quad 360 ealier this year. And I am doing this off of memory.. I could be wrong about this. But I believe that it is always on quad view.. you can not just look at one angle or camera.. it stays on quad view. Each camera is slightly adjustable at the camera. SO, you can have one looking a little further at a down angle or all at somewhat of a down angle or whatever....Like i said, its adjustable at each camera. I dont think it had temp or depth tech but I again could be wrong.

Hope this helps...

Sorry Full tilt.. didn't see your questions...The cameras are black and white... so a color T.v would be in b&w... Aqua vu did come out with a color cam this year.. but its not the quad. I dont think you can get the quad to look striaght down but can get it at quite a downward angle... each camera has adjustments of up and down...