• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Seat @ Fleet Farm

MinnesotaMuskie

I am in a bind...I like to make everything in my shop...but last year I saw these ice seats at Fleet Farm. They are blow molded with a cushion seat, rod storage in the back, etc.

They look like they would be great...I built a couple but just seemed bulky.

Any one field test these babies?

------------------
Practice CPR...Catch, Photo, Realease. Unless you pickle a small northern of course.

I did pick up a rod bag...but it only hods 2 rods. I fish with my 2 or 3 boys depending on the day. I tend to leave all the equipment in the house...must be 15 rods/reels.

I will look for a bigger bag.

CN...what kid of rod rack did you mount? I woudl like to be sure the rods do not jar free when we are traveling?

I have one of the Keeper Delux thingys. I don't know if its the same thing you are talking about. The seat it totally uncomfey. I still use it to store rods and jigs and stuf like that. Plus, the front of has a compartment that will fit a 12 pack. That's an added bonus.

It was a gift. I don't think I'd ever buy one.

I used one for 3 years when I had a portable that didn't have built in seating. I thought it worked great. I don't understand what's wrong with them. They have good storage. The seat is soft vs. a hard bench. I'm considering taking out one of the benches in my Fish Trap & using it again.

I would try looking for a duffle bag. There are many different sizes and lengths. cut a board, or, some type of plastic to fit on the bottom of the bag (if you are worried about moisture), so it does not collapse on itself. plenty of room for tip ups too. I have also seen hard sided gun cases converted to carry fishing poles. too bulky for my taste.

...just a couple of ideas.

I carry all my rods in bags.
I have two kinds and both are very handy.If your into a hard side bag check out Stone Legacy's Revolution.
This is a hard side bag that does a great job organizing your rods.It has sepreate compartments to protect the rods and has extra storage for tackle and extra accessories.
JR's Tackle/ also make a very nice soft side that will hold half a dozen rods and has a pocket for tackle as well.

I have used my brother in laws once and it works but I thought it was a little bulky. I have 3 or 4 bags for holding rods that I use. In one I fit 6 to 8 rods and the others can hold up to 4 rods each. The larger one I also put all my other misc items that I have. All the rods have spinning reels, that I fold the handles in. Instead of buying the seat look into the rod holders out there (Stone Legacy, Croxton Pond to name a few) The new Stone Legacy one looks like a decent choice.

Thanks for all the advice...I think I will go with the storage bags. You cannot go wrong with the old reliable 5 gallon bucket.

I will provide feed back on the bags later for future reference.

------------------
Practice CPR...Catch, Photo, Realease. Unless you pickle a small northern of course.