• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Comfy in the snow.

This rooster must have needed some cooling off. When I first came across him in the ditch, I pulled over and took a few out the window. Unfortunately, there was a truck coming behind me and no shoulder to pull off on. I then drove ahead a couple miles and came back. I got out and walked towards him, hoping to get a good flight shot. I expected him to explode into the air. Instead, he fooled me and started running first. My nice flight shot ended up not quite so nice. frown All he gave me to shoot, was his rear end. It sure would have been nice to have thinner clouds.

When I think back, that sure would have been an easy shot with the shotgun.

ISO 400, 1/500 sec. at f8 and EC +1 at 170mm

3019953285_4d69ed3fe6_o.jpg

ISO 800, 1/1600 sec. at f8 and EC +2/3 at 220mm

3020784166_e8dcc9e8f9_o.jpg

Although not your classic BIF rooster...I like the change of pace. It's kind of a "the last image you have in your mind before the shotgun goes off" image. Although in my case the next image after that is.......the rooster still flying off.

That's the look I have been getting lately. They get up and someone else shoots them or I shoot and they keep on going. Nice work X. How much snow you got, I'm heading out to Madison tomorrow to do some hunting with a bunch of friends.

Yak, there is only about an inch of snow around here, but it's crusty and crunchy. Good luck on sneaking up on them roosters. wink I saw a bunch just driving the gravel roads from 3:00 on. They're out picking their grit. Of course, they're always on private land. mad However, road hunting may be the best way to find them.

Thanks, all. Next time, I hope to get the pheasant standing so as to get his legs in the picture too. Also, with brighter conditions, I believe I can get the eye a bit sharper. And, my shotgun will be with me next time too. grin