• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Pigs

Stratosman

Here are a couple late Feb. ice bass, fishing panfish with 2lb test, fun times. Just came across these pix and had to post, starting to get excited again. Both from same metro lake, two days apart.

47b4d703b3127cceb7439fb12a700000001610

47b4d703b3127cceb7439fbcab4d0000001610

[This message has been edited by Stratosman (edited 09-22-2004).]

Nice bass! Some nice bass swimming in the Metro Lakes. Early and late ice can be phenomenal fishing for them!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

My friend Scott with one from the 1st Annual "BobD Classic"...
ScottO-Bass3.JPG

Joe...another one from the classic..
JoeB-Bass.JPG

And here is a bowfin....I know it does not count. wink.gif
champ-bowfin1-02-28-2003.JPG

[This message has been edited by Bob_D (edited 09-24-2004).]

Wow, nice doggy thru the ice!!! I'm impressed with the size and number of bass caught ice fishing especially since everyone knows they don't bite under the ice!!! Do any of you target bass in the winter or mostly catch them by accident? I know of a few lakes that I can catch bass in the winter on a somewhat consistent basis but other lakes seem void of bass during the winter.

I guess I never target bass ice fishing, catch all of them by accident. There is one lake where we catch bass every single time we go panfishing, I'm not sure why that is because I fish other lakes that have good bass populations and very rarely catch bass. There's got to be something behind it. It's kinda neat watching the Vex, you know it's a bass, a thick red line comes slowly from the bottom, I would have to just hold the jig in place for a few seconds, and just lift up and many times they would be there. Sometimes they would have no interest and sink back to the bottom, you could come back a few minutes later and coax them off again. Kinda fun.

I'll target bass on occasion, especially on Cheqaumegon Bay, excellent smallie fishing. Sometimes in the winter the bass will school up and you can get some pretty fast and consistent action, this is mostly during early and late ice.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Guided Ice Fishing and More...