• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First post

Blaine

Hey gang! Rick found me wandering aimlessly on another site so... Here I am smile.gif

I fish year round here in CT but I live for the ice season. I had a chance to view the IceLeader's video and loved it, it really got the blood pumping again.

Anyways, I'll be checking in as often as possible. In the meantime, I have a few videos that some of you might enjoy. I took them with my Aqua Vu. Most are through the ice but ther is some great open water and salt water stuff too. You can check them out at My HSOforum

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Welcome aboard Blaine.

Nice to see you here. We're looking forward to having another IceLeaders addict on board.

I'll have to check the videos later.

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota Blaine!

Awesome, another ice fishing diehard! You will fit in just fine here smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

There goes the neighborhood icon12.gif

I have to admit...I'm this guys fishing partner at times. I live in Vermont and he makes the trec to fish with me. He is the only one I have found that loves ice fishing as much as I do. Welcome aboard buddy. This board will never be the same.

Oh.....here is my HSOforum. I don't have as much video as Blaine, but I only got my Marcum camera last spring.

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota Bob D! I'm looking forward to reading your posts! smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]

Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

I would truly love to get out to your neck of the woods sometime. Back in my former life as a computer guy, I traveled out to Two Harbors near Deluth on business and absolutely fell in love with that area. The fact that they are ice fishing around Thanksgiving didn't hurt either grin.gif

We have some dynamite fishing here in CT. Our pike fishing is a well kept secret, our fish in the river average in the upper 30" range with several over 40 every season. CT has a walleye fishery that is really starting to take off too. For years, there were only a handful of lakes that had them but over the last 3 years they have greatly expanded the program and it has taken the pressure off of the trophy lakes. We get a few over 7 lbs every winter, the largest I saw was my partner's 10.5 lb fish. Panfish and bass are everywhere, I love tageting crappie. We have several great trout lakes as well, a 5 lb brown is not uncommon at all. I have a section on my HSOforum for personal pics, but it's kind of hidden...I wanted to maintain that "Professional guide" image rolleyes.gif Anyways, if you want to see some of the fish I describe, go to my photo page and scroll all the way to the botom and click on the CCA logo. That will take you to the "Friends and Family" pics wink.gif

------------------

Welcome aboard!! It always good to see a new name on here from other places. It is a great way to learn and share information about how different people fish in different areas.

I live up in this north country of MN and let me just say you don’t have to be crazy to live up here but it sure helps!! And I would not trade it for the world.

Blaine,
If you are ever in the area let me know, I'd love to learn some new techniques and take you to a few different lakes.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]

Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

Welcome to FM Blaine and Bob_D.

Great videos! I always learn something watching those things. It's hilarious to see the hooked fish disappear up and outta sight!

Again, welcome. Hope you can make it out for an ice leaders event. I can guarantee you won't finish last(not that it matters)...I believe that spot is reserved for me(or possibly the FishinLogician smile.gif)

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!

Blaine, those are great videos! I've really been considering buying an underwater camera this season, and now I want to even more! Here's a stupid question, scince I've never used the camera before. I'm assuming you drill and put the camera down another hole, not the one you're fishing. If so, how far away is the camera? what kind of range do they have? And what about fish wrapping up in the cord. Again, great videos!!
John

When I filmed those I was set up specifically to get footage grin.gif... I drilled a hole for the camera and then 3 feet away, I drilled another and walked in a circle around the camera hole and drilled every 3 feet or so. By the time I was done I had like 6 or 7 holes from which to jig. I sat in the middle with the camera and rotated it until I saw a fish and dropped my jig in the hole closest to the fish.

Your spacing all depends on the water clarity. The clarity for most of the jigging footage was pretty poor but I have been to other areas where I could see at least 15 feet, like the clip of the 2 perch fighting for a shiner. Aqua Vu claims to be able to see 2 1/2 times farther than the human eye under water...

Winding the cable up is always the biggest pain in the arse. The cable winds around the base of the housing. It looks like a neat, compact way to store the cable but after dropping the camera many times into deep water (60-80 feet) it became twisted and was a pain in the butt... It was like a long extension cord getting twisted up. Not the end of the world, just a minor inconvenience

I'm another East coaster, just stumbled on your board, via Rick on the CTF board, in Connecticut.
I've been fishing with both Blaine, and Bob. Great fisherman!! I've seen them in action, and learned quite a bit..
I don't get out as often as these two, but will share my knowledge, and experiences on this board when I can. I'm also sure I will learn alot, too.
I am also totally impressed by Blaines AQUAVIEW! It kind of teaches you how to jig. I was watching the screan with the jig and the fish (perch) down there, then I twitched the jig a little differently, and BANG! the fish took it!! pretty cool to watch that from in a shanty!!!

[This message has been edited by P.DONA (edited 09-21-2004).]