• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new to fall muskies

FLnick87

This year was my our first year actively fishing skies and we loved it. Only boated 4 fish towards the end of summer but towards the end we finally started to get the hang of things. Was wondering what tecniques are used in fall vs. summer? can fish still be found in 4-8 ft or do u have to go deeper? what baits are best? I am a fan of spinners and bucktails for the summer... will be fishing forest lake this weekend. any info would be great! thanks and good luck

check out pages 2,3,4 of this year theres plenty of tidbits. then find last years posts for fall and you'll get more.

personally i like a little deeper water in the fall when i'm on a lake. the narrows on forest should still be good, maybe better without the traffic, and the deeper areas just outside them. don't forget the deep hole to your left just off the narrows when your going from lake 2 into lake 3 on the lake 2 end of the narrows, cover it well. theres a point comming out on lake three just before the bay leading to the public launch. fish that. then directly across the lake theres a nice flats area with deeper water surrounding it. fish that casting the edges. this is all info from years ago but i'm sure it's still good. bigger pike hang out in these areas too.

lures? i'm a spinnerbait fan myself. read the post on ''slow rolling spinners'', don't forget topwaters, jerkbaits and gliders.

ORANGE YELLOW AND BLACK combo

Quote:
what types of spinnerbaits? I have some bionics, but they haven't worked for me.

buchers slopmaster is my favorite. as is it's great through weeds and blade changes make it work where i need it. i really like the head shape. i strip them down and replace the original hair with angora rabbit wool/deer hair. but you can read the ''slow rolling spinners'' thread for some great info. about a month old now so back a page or two.