• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone seen this monster!

I saw a picture of this deer on Monday Oct. 6th from a contractor I have been working with who lives in Hokah, MN.. Awesome deer, the guy who got the deer has been watching it for years by trail cam pictures and finding sheds. I am glad that he finally connected and harvested the animal. Just goes to show that patience and hard work helped him harvest a awesome buck. Congratulations.

Straight from the shooter:

billiardboy

Default Thanks to everyone........

Who responded to my buck. I am very proud of him, he has been a "legend" in our town. Many have seen but nobody has ever got on him 'til now. Swens was a big help to me and together we worked out a plan to take him. I gotta say, a lot of homework was done and I have never been so confident in a setup, even though when the whole story comes out it will be hard to believe. Part of me is sad that he is gone, he has given us a lot over the years to talk about, but I feel he was taken with pride and skill and of course luck. I was blessed that day, but the real deal is having people to share it with, friends and family. Don't ever take things for granted like your children, family, or friends, cause they can disappear as fast as this buck did, enjoy everyday like it is your last. I am thankful for everything I have, I mean think about it, I was healthy enought to walk to a stand, climb into it, and do what I did. That is what some people dream of, whether a deer walked by or not, so 'thanks' for being a part of this and I will hopefully meet all of you soon!

Billiardboy

Default Thanks Grasshopper

Yep, it was the same buck, I actually have a pic of me holding the sheds last year. He was bigger this year, which is cool. I am coming to the banquet, and looking forward to it, and I will bring the antlers. I will always wonder if he would have even been bigger next year, he was still in stellar physical condition. Thanks for the comments, see ya Saturday.

billiardboy

Default His age....

We are almost positive 8 1/2, there are pics out there dating back to 2003, pretty sure.

There ya go, straight from the shooter

Either way a very nice deer. It "might" have gone 300+ live. My first buck I shot 5 years ago was a bigger body (estimated at 250 field dressed) but the rack on mine was nowhere near as nice.

an 8.5 year old deer would have regressed antler growth. I would find it hard to believe a deer that old could sport a rack like that.

Actually this may not be true, more and more of the so called "experts" are starting to say that bucks might actually peak more around 7.5 to 8.5 years old. It may be a little different from buck to buck so anything is possible.