• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Post for July 2nd

Animal

LOL... grin.gif

Us ice-fishing junkies are a different breed thats for sure grin.gif I bought some ice fishing gear the other day and I got some weird looks...

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

i got the strange look when I took my otter in to get a few seams fix and added some pockets. All I said is that I could be using it anyday now. You can only hope.

[This message has been edited by hawkeye43 (edited 07-02-2004).]

You want weird looks..... Go out in your driveway, mid-day and light up your auger. Never done that before wearing shorts, t-shirt and sandles and REEKING of sweat and bug spray.... My neighbors thought I had finally lost it....

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

Well,
I caught myself sitting on my Arctic Cat again the other day. It just doesn't like summer storage wink.gif

I also got all sorts of little ice fishing related projects going on right now. From my Otter sleds to my tackle boxes and in a few weeks, my permanent shack.

The other day I had to mow the lawn. So, as long as I had the mower running, I started the auger, snowcat AND the snowblower. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts. Wait till they see me doing that this fall with the new ice house and the portable set up in the garage too.
Bring on the Ice!

Is it just me, or do the rest of you point out good ice fishing spots every time you're on the open water fishing? I'm always keeping mental notes when I'm out in the boat..."This has got to be a good spot for ealry ice crappies", or "I know we could find some walleyes here come first ice", middle of summer and I'm thinking ice fishing grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif ... I love it!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 07-04-2004).]

Hey there U.G....

As a matter of fact... no, it didn't chase any of them away. But it did stop them from biting for a few minutes. I think it made them a bit jealous since my "stinger" was bigger than there's... LOL!!!

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

Matt, my folks just got a summer cruise of all my ice fishing spots of last year! They wanted to go look at cabins and I was like, " here's where I got the Walleyes, check out that cut, you can see where the Gill's were stacked. This deep hole held numerous Whitefish. Crappies were holding good in this deep mud here also!! "

The co-workers just scolded me also for bring up the ice season!! Bring on the ice!!

Oh thank God! I'm not the only one afflicted with this illness. Whenever I'm fishing open water, all I can think of is how I can't wait for first ice! The other day I respooled a few tipups, and reorganized my panfish jigs for the 20th time.

If I could afford it I'd move to the southern hemisphere in April and come back in time for deer huntin and ice fishin. Anything over 70 is too hot to do anything, under 32 it's time to fish.

------------------
Ice is coming soon!!
GRIZ