• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thanks for stopping

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that stopped and tried to help out yesterday, when my buddy rolled his Explorer over just south of waskish on our way home from LOW. All 4 guys are doing fine. The driver was transported to Bemidji hospital, but was released in the afternoon. He was pretty banged up and only had a pulled muscle in his chest. It could have been a lot worse.

I would also like to say no thanks to the couple of guys that felt the need to be passing everyone on the ice covered roads. Traffic was already going 55-60. which was to fast for the conditions. The accident started when a guy passing got into the back of my buddy and spun him out. He did stop, so we got to have a little chat with him. The guy he was following in the chevy truck with the traler on the back (Not a very good desciption considering half the vehicles on the road match that) did not.

I also talked to the tropper that came, and he said there was another accident just north of ours. It sounded like they where all ok.

Scott

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Hi Scott,
we saw you when the ambulance was there and it looked like the Explorer was cleared out. There was an accident north of you involving trucks, trailers and atv's.

With those slippery road conditions I can't imagine someone passing vehicles going 55-60 mph.

I'm very happy to hear your friend is ok. That rollover did not look good.

I have yet to figure out why they did not get hurt worse then they did. The two guys in the back seat got tossed around so bad (they did not have seatbelts on) they where sitting on the oppisite side form where they stared. I think what kept them from getting tossed out the back was all the bags in the back window.

Hey Scotty, Glad to hear your guys are o.k. I was the guy in the blaze orange, me and another guy were the ones digging out snow to get the driver side door open. We saw the whole thing. Some moron was passing everyone on those icy roads, when he passed us we said there is probably going to be an accident because of him. Wasnt too much later and then I saw you guys go in and flip over. It was pretty scary. I'm certified in CPR but hoped I didn't have to use it.
It was nice to see all the fisherman out there helping out. When we got out of the truck we couldn't beleive how slippery the highway was. I wish people would slow down a little, its not worth it to save an extra 20 minutes on a 4 or 5 hour trip home.

I came by after it was all over and saw the truck on it's side at about 8:30 or so. No one was there, just the truck. Glad everyone was ok. Did not see the accident to the North.

I drove by just as the tow truck started going with the white Exploer on back. I too was wondering how they were doing after that wreck. Glad to hear that everyone was ok for the most part. It could've been a lot worse like you had said. I also saw that silverado with the snowmobile trailer in the ditch. He was way in there almost into the forest. You could just tell that he was driving too fast by the way he was positioned in the ditch. About a 1/2 a block down the road from the accident I saw a big doe peeking out of the woods probably wondering what was going on too!

Ya that was a nasty road. Funny thing is that the plow was plowing but not dropping sand or salt. Thats why that northbound lane was so nasty! I got caught up in that group of fast movers and pulled over at WW to rest and get out of that mess. Wouldnt ya know 5 minutes later I see them in the ditch. I stopped and was amazed nobody was hurt. Good thing a local had cell coverage because no out of towners get coverage in the triangle.
Glad everyone came out of it all ok!!!

hey northlander was it real windy on the road you are talking about? i drive a snowplow truck for a living and we never put salt sand down in real windy condictions alot of times if it is windy it will blow off right away and is a waste of money and another reason is salt sand causes snow drifts in windy condictions

Glad to hear everyone was ok for the most part. I realized how slippery it was when I tried stopping when I came to hwy. 72 on hwy 23. Luckily I stopped before I went into the highway. The vehicles behind me slid up next to me but all managed to avoid each other. Did anyone hear anything about a large motor home that went off a T-road south of Cass Lake? We called it in but it was being taken care of already.

Glad to hear everyone is ok.

We had a similar situation on March 5th on the way up there. Snowy, icy conditions. We tried to make the north bound turn in shooks to head to URL and just about went in the ditch because we slid past the road. We got straightened out and proceeded north. We were going around 45 mph which was really to fast for those conditions. Then we noticed a semi truck passing us shocked.gif You talk about scary, he had to have been doing at least 60 mph. He was behind us and saw us almost hit the ditch in shooks. I cannot believe he passed us a few minutes later.

People need to learn to slow down when conditions are that bad. If you see someone going slow don't just assume they are being over cautious, there may actually be a reason for it.

-------------

Fishn'Lady

Very good to hear everyone in the Explorer was OK. Not a good way to end a weekend.

And, a raised finger to the guy in the Chevy with the snowmobile trailer (I believe he had some pretty agressive looking tires). He passed me going fast enough to create a push of air that just about spun me out. Thanks, pal.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

The wreck was almost cleared up when we went through, glad to hear that all are ok it looked like it could have been really catastrophic. That is sad that the other person didn't stop though. The road home was really nasty from Kelliher down, we didn't go through Shooks what a mistake that was! hwy 36 was drifts and blowing snow all the way. people were driving like crazy all of the way home.
3 trips to Red/LOTW and 1 to Winnie this year, and there was a roll over every time we have come home.

------------------
en kala
(I fish)
www.tacklecity.com
www.frabill.com

[This message has been edited by frozenminnow (edited 03-16-2004).]