• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
the olde man

batter recipies

I`m interrested in a new recipe for fish tommorrow a pack of lotw walls will be spashin in the frying pan I have a decent recipe but I`m ready to try some thing diff. I prefer crispy fish fillets thanks in advance for sharing your recipe

the olde man,
was looking for the same recipe and finally found one. It's called Fry Crisp. A commercial batter and the only place I can find it at is at Hy-Vee. A good friend of mine turned me on to it up at vermilion and it is the best! I mix with beer, garlic powder, seasoning salt and pepper. I've found that peanut oil seems to be better and don't dump fillets into a bowl with paper towels. Put into a plain bowl, paper towels seem to absorb the oil back into the fillets. Hope you can find it, it's a great batter and very crisp. Joe

thanks for the info. I cooked them up tonight I`m a down loading these again thanks zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz whoops my stomach was resting on the keyboard

A real good, fast recipe is soak em in milk and roll 'em in crushed up BBQ Potato chips!!

Fast and easy and TASTY!!

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"
(Not you Pal, I was talking to my bait)

Try the shore lunch for baking, but dip fillets in milk, then the shore lunch. Fry in criso, do not bake, fry. VERY crispy!

Here is an awsome recipe. Take one roll of ritz crakers put in gallon size zip lock bag, take a rolling pin and crush the crakers to a fine powder. Take one packet of shake-n-bake chicken coating mix and add to ritz crakers powder. Take fillets and dobb the wetness of with paper towle. Take three eggs and beat to scramble. Dip fillets in eggs and and place in zip lock bag. Shake that thing. Till fillets are well coated. Oh yea, have a 10" fry pan with 1/4" of you're desired oil waiting. Hot. This mix should coat six good size walleyes fillets, but youll have to experiment with with a larger quntity of fillets. When mix forms lumps on fillets make new mix, the lumps tend to burn before fillets are done. The buttery flavor from ritz and the chicken coating mix is fish lovers paradise. hope ya try it. Later boar

I like the Fry Crisp as well. It is hard to find though,good thing it's sold in a larg bag. Sometimes I'll mix it with corn meal for more texture, make it into a batter, or dipp the filets into the dry mix.

I strongly recommend the Ritz recipe that boar just posted. You can also use plain saltine crackers instead of Ritz crackers. Very good for crappies, walleyes, northerns.

Try this one:

Dry off fillets w/ paper towel. Lightly coat each fillet in Shore Lunch or most batter mixes. Then dip in egg wash. Then roll in Betty Crocker Potato Buds. Deep fry.
The potato bud flakes provide a crispy but light batter that is delicious. Be sure to use Betty Crocker brand potato buds. You need the ones that are flaky, not powder.
Also make your own homeade coctail sauce. All you need is ketchup, horseradish, and lemon juice.
That Ritz cracker recipe sounds great. I will definitely try that one. Just need some fish!

------------------
GIT-R-Done!

I sometimes use the ritz cracker recipe but try adding a shake of cinnamon in the batter it`ll add a delicious after taste

Cannot beat Andy's seasoning if you have not tried it. A few different types. The Tempura is great too.

Must fish soon...need food now!!!!!

I tried the BBQ potato chip coating, very good. It takes a lot of chips though. Growing up, my dad would have me crush crackers everytime we came home with some fish. Still my favorite.

Absolute Mouthwatering Recipe: My own swill..

Batter:
Soak fillets up to 30 minutes but no longer:
1) 2 cups Soymilk
2) 2 tblsp Lemon Juice (not lemonade)
3) 1 egg
4) 1 tsp of soysauce
5) 2 Pinch of garlic salt
6) 3 Pinch of lowry's seasoning
7) 1 pinch of mustard powder or dill powder
* Optional: 2 drops of vanilla, almond, or smoke flavoring are for a unique gourmet touch.

Breading:
1) Keep fillets drip-wet and dunk in flour mixed with Lowry's seasoning. Mix flour to Lowry's about 7:1 ratio.
2) dunk in Corn Flake Crumbs (buy at the grocery store in baking dept. as Corn Flake Crumbs) Don't buy Corn Flakes cereal.

Simple recipe but unbelievable taste.

my favorite batter has always been pancake mix and beer. the best breading i have ever had was something me and my buddy came up with this year, we took a box of those ranch crakers that you buy from like walmart or target and crushed those up, soak the fish in milk, bread 'em and fry 'em

------------------
Diplomacy - The art of saying "nice doggie" while you find a rock.

We've got excellent breadings At: www.mrsolsonslefse.com

10,000 Lakes Fish Breading and Beer Batter, an original Mrs. Olson's specialty is packaged in single batch packages for freshness and convenience. It can be purchased as a box of six - 8 oz. packages, or as part of a special gift pack.

Lost River Garden Herb and Cornmeal Breading, A light and crispy herb seasoned coating for frying or baking fish, seafood, chicken etc. 16 oz. pkgs.

Lost River Red Pepper and Garlic Breading, This special blend adds a little Zing to your favorite foods. Makes an excellent crispy beer batter. 16 oz. pkgs.

check em out!! the 10,000 lakes and the Red pepper-garlic can be mixed with beer for a batter. The Cornmeal-herb is a dry mix only coating. All Gourmet quality stuff!!