• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Broadhead ?

BRULEDRIFTER

So I just heard a rumor from a co-worker and am wondering if it's true.

He says a friend that works for Gander Mtn says that when you put on your broadheads, the blades need to line up with the fletching. Is this true?

I'm a 2nd year bow hunter and haven't heard this yet. All the broadheads I've shot seem to fly fine as is and I never bothered to line up the blades w/ the fletching.

Thanks for your input!

I dont think this is true, but have heard the same thing from time to time... If you were to do it right you would have to figure out the offset and hellicle(spelling) and off set the blades, that ammnt so that the fletching passes through the wake created by the blades, I would think this to be darn near impossible. And then, what if you shoot a 4 blade head?... you going to use 4 fltchings?

This year I am shooting FOB's for hunting. So far I am quite impressed, event though they look goofy.

I don't think it is necessary however I typically do line up my blades/fletching. The only reason I do it is that I figure everything is more consistent.

It only takes a small piece of dental floss (UNSCENTED!) in the threads to tighten up that broadhead.

Dietz,

So the FOB's are working for you? I saw those and thought about trying them. Are you shooting fixed blade or expandable broadheads?

archerystud-Yep, I'm giving them a go this year(FOB's).. they really do fly nice once you get all your clearance issues. They look flat out goofy if you ask me, but I can see a difference in arrow flight for broadheads.. I shot expandables last year, and plan to shoot fixed this year.

last night i shot bow with my new and old arrows. new arrows are easton axis 340 with infused carbon, old arrows are carbon express 350 and easton axis full metal jackets. all three with 100 grain tips. two arrows a piece, all 3 kinds at once, and still softball sized groups at 40 yards. so i'm going to say broadheads and fletching don't need to be lined up, as my difference in arrows made no changes.