• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Off Topic: Way to go T-Wolves!

EBass

My first love is fishing, but my second love is basketball/T-wolves. As of last night after the T-wolves came from behind to steal the game from San Antonio they are in first place in the Mid-West. Not to mention that four good players are injured. I don't think we'll be one and dones this year.

GO WOLVES!

Absolutely correct people!!! How they fly under the radar screen by the local media is beyond me, it is almost insulting! Luckily the players on the team probably do not pay much attention to the media or lack of it and go about thier business and are getting the job done. This is a fun team to watch they have great leadership by some great veterans! They will be a force to be reckoned with! I'll see ya at some games this year! Lets get the Target rockin!!!!

EBass, Yes great game last night. My favorite activity is fishing with my three sons. second is watching Football the Vikes and better yet my boys. (Those Becker Bulldogs have a hell of a program) Then the T-Wolves. I have been a HUGE Garnett fan since day one, met him once. have 4 of his rookie cards under glass in a safety deposit box. All he needed was some help so he wasnt triple teamed all game and now look at him. I believe parents should be the kids rolemodels but if your going to look up ta a pro athlete I cant think of a better one. I tell my kids if you want to be the best you can be at football watch K.G --be the K.G of your football team. Hardest working, most passionate player on the team. and he proves you can be a badass player everyone fears during the game and be a real nice, careing person in everyday life. We are lucky to have him here, best Minnesota pro athlete in history. Can you say M.V.P

Not only do they fly under the local radar but also the national radar. I mean come on the spurs won 13 in a row I believe and we went 12-1, 12-2 something like that. Garnett is definitly a good role model, especially to inspiring basketball players. Saw his interview after the game and once again he said he couldn't take credit for the team's success because they're winning as a team which couldn't be more true as everyone's involved. I've been trying not to miss a game, its too bad two of their next three are only on radio. Go T-Wolves!

I too have been a T-Wolves fan from day 1 -- it has been a tough road over the years. It's hard to watch them play against teams that are so far above them. Now we finally have a "TEAM" and not just a bunch of guys trying to help KG. The #1 thing I am excited about is watching them finally make those open jump shots! So many years of KG kicking it out to an open man (Peeler, West, Brandon, Jackson, Porter and Mitchell) just to watch them bounce one off the rim and the other team fast break down for an easy lay up.

We finally have shooters that are sinking their shots and KG is getting one on one coverage because these new guys are making their shots. No longer can the other team play the odds and let us shoot the long ball, while putting 5 on KG.

GO WOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

In todays star trib Sidd wrote Glenn taylor talks about Wally rumors and how they cant trade him (I think they would like to) because of his contract. Your right though where will he fit in--No defense,good spot up shooter thats it--the mayors just as good a shooter, better on D and hes a lot cheaper. I think the key guy is the Kandi man. If he can come back healthy and give us another big man presence in the middle and add depth to that position look out, they could have a long playoff run. My dream is we get matched up with the Lakers in a best of 7 and beat those guys who just jump on the bandwagon to try and get a ring the cheap way. Gee im glad K.G doesnt think like them. It would have been pretty tough to see him in a Lakers jersey next year

The Wolves are in the top 5 teams in the N.B.A. and have in my mind the best player(BAR NONE) in the game today. They are a fun team to watch because they are so unselfish. When you watch them look at the fun they are having. Another thing is it starts with the superstar and goes all the way down the bench to the injured players to the towel boys etc. Good luck the rest of the season and hopefully get the playoff jinx off their shoulders and go as deep into the playoffs as they can. Scheuney

What to do with Wally? have him ride the bench the rest of the season. There is no point in risking having him get hurt again.

But most importantly, the team has almost flawless chemistry. These guys play spectacular as a team. If Wally regained the starting job, that chemistry is gone.

If it aint broke, don't fix it!

I think Wally would fit in nicely in the three spot. I do have to say that Trent Hassell has done a great job defensively, but Wally would bring one more dimension to the offensive side that an opposing coach would have to be concerned with. Wally gives us one more outside shooter along with someone who can drive.

On defense, Wally and Spree could interchange between the two and three spots. I say keep him if we can.

Great come from behind victories the last 2 games against teams with great defenses, right?

I heard Flip on the radio today talking about Wally and Hudson and their role. He said they both know they will be coming of the bench all through the rest of the season and the playoffs. He said that Madsen and Trent (now hurt too) are playing so solid that it will be a mistake to upset anything that is going on. He sounded pretty steadfast in that plan.

I know they can trade Wally, but with the way the salary cap in the NBA works, they would have to get a number of players whose salary adds up to Wally's salary, or something like that. Who the heck to you cut or package with Wally to make that happen?

I sure hope they dont get ideas about trading Hudson. I think there are about 3 or 4 teams with starting point g's that we didnt keep.... especially a certain guy in SacTown named Bobby Jackson. We need someone to spell Cassel or he wont be around for the playoffs.

I am just SOOOOOOO glad there is someone who is willing to go the basket and also demand the ball at crunch time in Cassell and Spreewell. This team has not had someone like that since Steph ME-berry left.

This could be a team with a top 2 seed come the end of the season that will be very hard to beat. Their defense seems to get better each game out. Just check out their 4th 1/4 numbers compaired to last season.

Ok... I am done now.

GO WOLVES!

What a game last night!!! I am also a big wolves fan usally don't miss a game. I think this is the year they might make it past the first round, right know the big 3 are really takeing over. They showed last night they can take anybody, my question is where will Wally Z fit into this mix, he's been out way to long I smell a trade comeing on?

T-Wolves have the best chance theyv'e ever had to go deep into the playoffs this year, but remember they are 4th in the league in payroll, so they should be a shoe-in to make the playoffs anyway. They are about twice as fun to watch now that they run more and don't settle for half court ball as much. As far as I am concerned, the Lakers turned their great dynasty into a joke. They don't rebuild, they reload. You have to have respect for all Minnesota teams, we use the farm systems, build up players into our organization, and for the most part always solid teams. Garnett in a Lakers jersey, I would shoot myself.

City slicker you are exactly correct!! It makes you wonder what the wolves have to do to get a little respect in this caucas_ _ _ town? The lady gophers get more ink than the T-wolves. They are a great story and have local talent, but please?! The wild, (nice name by the way?) may not even make the playoffs, much less be one of the top 3 teams in their game. Again, game- if you can call it that seems like an awful lot of "wild" luck to me.

City slicker you are exactly correct!! It makes you wonder what the wolves have to do to get a little respect in this caucas_ _ _ town? The lady gophers get more ink than the T-wolves. They are a great story and have local talent, but please?! The wild, (nice name by the way?) may not even make the playoffs, much less be one of the top 3 teams in their game. Again, game- if you can call it that seems like an awful lot of "wild" luck to me.