• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum Help IR

Jim W

This past weekend on Winnie I noticed a small
flaw in the Marcum LX-3. So Pete and others heads up.

I could NOT fish in close proximity to others who were using a flasher with out distortion and clutter.

Yes I understand how to use the product and it's interference adjustments.....to no avail.

HEck at one point I could see my partners jigging sppon on my flasher and not mine.

I tried everything, almost.

Paul W. did give an idea that I didn;t have a lot of time to try out. He suggested that if I was experiencing massive interefrence, to lower my ducer, lower than those close to me. We'll see.

One other issue. The ducer arm/bracket.
Is only applicable for one side at a time. You can unscrew and remove, but who wants to do that on a on going basis?
If fishing in close quarters I would prefer the floating ducer foam.

However, I extremely enjoyed my unit outside of the aforementioned.

HEads up MArcum, you have nice power, but maybe too much???

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

------------------
www.marcum.com

Jim, after we talked about your issues (with the unit,LOL) this weekend I started thinking about that. On guide trips I use two LX-3's in the same portable without any problems, zero interference. Usually I only need to use the IR feature on one of the units. Maybe you have a super-charged unit or something. Maybe your unit is putting out 15,000 watts instead of 1,500 grin.gif

Have you tried doing ultrasound with it? If it cures sore muscles and joints it is putting out to much power. Just a little humor there.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I haven't had the problem either???

Are you sure you know how to work the IR?? grin.gif

Just kidding ya Jim.

It's a conspiracy now!!!lol

Has Dennis Steele been talking to everyone out there??? "ah mess with Jim, he's use to it"!lol

All I know is one evening it got so bad I had to leave the confines of the warm house, to relieve my flasherless stress!!!

Being flasherless is no good!!

Jim W

I have always been able to get rid of any clutter with my LX-3. I usually fish with somebody that owns a vex or a Laurance ice machine. The ice machine has no IR as far as I know. My fishing partner with the ice machine has a very difficult time reading his unit when a vex or marcum are within 10' or so.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Hey Jim,
Dennis did put me up to it.

Actually, he put all of us up to it.

It's funny because he did say "mess with Jim, he's used to it".

Jim,
I have been using my LX3 almost every day and have not had any interference that I have not been able to tune out. But, I have not had the opportunity to use it alongside of another LX3. I and my clients have not had any problems tuning out IR from Vexlars and vice-versa.
Hope my LX3 keeps working great! I sure would hate to be flasherless!
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005

Jim sounds like your LX3 needs a new Johnson Rod grin.gif Not saying it was from user error but where you able to reproduce this interference on any other flasher you used. smile.gif

I've used the LX3 within 4 ft of a Vex and and had no trouble with interference.
Lower your transducer below the ice to eliminate any signal bouncing off the ice.
It may have been possible your transducer was up against the side of your hole and tilted to wards your buddies hole.
Not sure what you mean about the ducer's swing arm but I don't think it was meant to be used as a beer holder. grin.gif

LOL
Yup,your on the chopping block now buddy! smile.gifYou didn't know I sent out a mass email telling everyone from this site to mess with you.
But really.I can not honestly say after using my Marcum it does not have any interferance but I can say that I can tune it out effectively.Its much better than my FL18 was.
I did notice that I was having more trouble with it before I lowered my ducer to the bottom of the ice.Might have been interfering with itself up inside the hole?

[This message has been edited by Dennis Steele (edited 01-12-2004).]