• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's Over, Move On.

DonBo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the ice as well, and being that I live in Oklahoma and head north to ice fish almost every winter many folks here think I'M a little strange.This winter I plan on fishing in every state I drive through, that will be IA,WI,Mn,MI and maybe ND.We did live in Fargo for a while some years back, so I guess the call of the north still has me in its icy grip!

iafish4fun,

Yes it's a bit of a struggle,and yes we do have many fine lakes here in Oklahoma...Here in NE Oklahoma where I live we have some fine lakes that are very near me, however most of our lakes are at near record water levels because of a very wet spring.I do fish some here in the summer,but we have bugs here on a different level then most places up north,al-though I do remember the skeeters being pretty bad when we lived in Fargo,but the bug problem has become worse here the last ten years or so,and for that very reason I tend not to fish nearly as much in spring and summer as I used to.Sometimes it doesn't seem like it but I guess I'M blessed!

but you gotta start plannong your fish house plans now smile

2 years ago we redid the interior of the shack. last year we re-sided....we're trying to figure out what were doing this year,,, thinking surround sound!!!! Oh yeah, and an exterior bathroom!!

Weekend of opener and I'm trying to find what small light weight SUV my med Otter will fit in the back of. I'm trying to make a unstoppable ice fishing/ trail rig. Any one know if a Otter med sled will fit in the back of Jeep Cherokee classic?

I should get off the computer and at least take the cover of the boat. grin

NEVER!

I just slept in the ice hut last weekend! Opened up the holes to let the fresh air in during the night.

The place we store the huts lets us stay during the summer too, all for 200 bucks storage fees a year. Went out on the lake with the 14' footer and a twenty horse and caught soooooo many fish we had to pull our lines in to eat lunch.

Can't wait to do it again.