• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Would Be A Good 2 Person House To Get?

iceman56222

I think its all personal prefference, But I could never part with my otter lodge either, but don't get the one with square tubing, the round tubing which i have can be easily replaced if bent or dammaged, or in my case the inside tube worked up a burr of metal on the inside from to tight a fit (story fo my life) he he, but have replaced some poles with electricians conduit for about 50 cents a foot, and if need be you can have them bend it for you too, I'm sure for pennies. I dont think you can replace square tubing for a couple of bucks, probebly have to order from otter for replacement. Oters are awsome. Later boar

As boar said,its personal prefrence.I would strongly suggest,at least go look at one,the shapell 4200.I have one and would not have anything else.Mine is five years old and is still in excellent shape.It has carpet in it and folds down 6 inches thick.Light enough that one person can load/unload with out blowing a n@#.It has ski's built in for pulling(for lower speeds) and has 2 spots inbedded into the base for 5 gallon buckets or propane tank.Everyone thats been in mine likes it.Room to stand plus all the gear needed to sink the lines.Just my 2 Cents worth.Good luck Stubby1

Otter Lodge all the way!!!! I got one for Christmas and love it. It's roomy and you can fit all your fishing gear in the sled when transporting it.My next investment for it is 2 seats or the bench seat, right now I use lawn chairs that work good,but sit alittle low.The flip-over style is colder than the suitcase style because your exposed to the ice, but the mobility makes up for it.

I would have to agree with Stubby1. I have a Shappell 4000, and it is easy put up with 1 or 2 people (as long as the wind isn't blowing >20 mph). It fits in the back of my Blazer; slides right over the wheel wells. The only problem I have had is bending the skis while pulling through snow, so I've removed them. The carpet inside is nice, and it is roomy inside for 2. Also, it has a door on each end, so each person can leave without getting in the way of the other. It's been a great house for my wife and I...

eyes317

For a flip style Frabill's XL Twin is a good choice for a shack style I have the Farbill Venture but for more room and easier set up go with the Speed Shack.
Frabill has a new seat set up that is nice for the flip styles, I cant wait to get an
XL Twin.
If you do go with the flip make sure to talk to Northlander and get the sand tubes.

------------------
en kala
(I fish)

I'll throw in my vote for the Otter Lodge. A pleasure to fish out of. Was out this weekend up north in the -15 actual temp and kept the Mr. Heater on Med. and still took off my coat. Very portable, roomy, and warm.

I must be the lone ranger with the Clam 5600. Plenty of room for 2. 4 holes 2big and 2 regular. it is tall enough to stand up in too. I use an otter medium sized sled for my stuff and really like it. Heater on low and I do not wear a jacket. Very quick to set up.

No matter what type you get make sure you have good / strong zippers. they will get frosty and you want them to work without breaking or tearing out.

I personally run a Trap Voyager and fish 2 persons. Take it from experience, get the flip style house with sled, you will be much more happy. Also if important, check height closly as most 2 person flip styles you are unable to stand up in.