• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

buzz stix

parttimer

I have been using one for panfish.
The buzz made a big difference one day.It helped turn some finicky sunnies into biters. It seems to work best in shallower(>15ft) water too.Less line to absorb the vibrations.
It could use some improvement in quality.My button fell off and don't count on it for sensitivity.

I have used mine quite a bit. It did outfish my other rod slightly at LOW. I have been using it now in 32' of water her on the St. Croix River and I agree with the above post. It is better in shallower water. I used fireline on mine in a 4# diameter and I think that helps too. I am surprised at how long the battery has lasted. I bought extras and have not used them yet. I would have to say it has improved my overall fishing success slightly. That's good enough for me. I tend to fall for any new fishing or hunting gimmick and I can say that I have spend more foolish $$$ in the past.

Last week there was a thread on the old Buzz Stick and everyone poked fun of them.

http://fishingminnesota.com/cgi-bin/forums/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=30&forum=Ice+Fishing+Main+Forum&DaysPrune=60&startpoint=125

[This message has been edited by almosthaddabite (edited 01-03-2004).]

Depending on where you go to buy them I saw them at sportsmans guide warehouse in s.st. paul. Maybe get a better deal than elsewhere. I thought they were a gimmick but may try one if they are enticing slow fish. Always can use another rod.

I got the buzz stick 28" for larger fish like walleyes. Took it up to Lake Superior for some trout fishing and it failed. The tip of the rod broke and the drag control works like cr##. For $10 less, I got the ugly stick last year and it is virtually indestructable. Catching large lake trout and pike. If you have not purchased it yet, don't do it, you will be very dissappointed with this product.
Chow for now,
GF

I can't honestly say that they have helped me catch more fish. I like the idea of the "buzz" created by the Buzz Stix but without the sensitivity I feel I've lost more finnicky fish that I've caught with it.
The button is constantly falling off on mine. I've spent way too much time searching thr bottom of my portable for the battery which always seems to fall out when the button comes off. The battery is located just under the button.

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 01-04-2004).]

Thanks for tip K&H1121, but that sensitivity thing still has me bugged.

BTW Welcome to FM.
------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 01-04-2004).]

I have watched the video that is usually used in stores to promote the rod. It looks like it would work great. But I have to question the durability of the vibrating device after catching alot of fish over time. with the pressure of bringing in a fish will it hold up????