• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Moon Shots! (pics)

figured I'd finally get a few moon shots with my digiscope just to see what it would do....tough to focus tonight with all the wind...tripod was moving a bit....not to bad I guess...that ole moon's been whacked a few times by looking at the "rays" from the meteor impacts!... grin

Frame_DSCN2218-7.JPG

Frame_DSCN2218-1.JPG

Frame_DSCN2218-4.JPG

thanks guys!...I had my digiscope when he had the "eclipse" a few months ago...just didn't want to freeze to death that day grin...I was looking at that big meteor"epicenter" on the bottom of the photographs, the crater with the "rays" eminating outward...I was just thinking how big and how powerful an explosion that must have been to throw debree 500 miles each way(or more)..holy moly! cry.....glad I wasn't planting the american flag on the moon when that thing hit! grin

Thanks for posting jonny. I've always liked the lunar shots. I have a cousin that was on the last Apollo flight and spent time in the Valley of Taurus Litro. At least that's the one place that I remember him telling me about.

Thanks again.