• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Orchard Oriole

The backyard is booming with just about everything you can imagine these days, even a species I've never seen back here before... an Orchard Oriole.

I was talking with a naturalist friend of mine about this sighting today and he informed me that in Minnesota you see about 100 Baltamore Orioles for every Orchard oriole... so I was happy to get this guy and even happier that he appears to be hanging around sharing the grape jelly smorgasbord. The MOU peeps would like to see this guy I'm certain! whistle.gif

96514831.jpg

Yeah, those MOU'ers like US photographers. (I'm generalizing of course) crazy.gif

Here's another I got on the Raspberry bush...

orchardorioleonraspberrsg1.jpg

Its hard not to sit and take pics of this guy all day... but the family would dis-own me. sick.gif

Beautiful photos Buzz. My wife and I were commenting on what a different looking Orioles we had in the yard yesterday. After seeing your post, I realized we also had orchard orioles. I went back and looked at my raw files and sure enough, I found one.

orchard.jpg

Thank, Huntnfishd!

Quote:
I'll be sure to go on the MOU e-mail net and forward your address to everyone there. Enquiring birders want to know!
Boy are those MOU elitists colors shinning through... its been VERY interesting watching the sparring going on lately over there... I'm a bit surprised they send out the public e-mails with the dirty laundry.

whistle.gif