• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is there a right and wrong way to install a bow mount ??????

I'm not sure it matters. However, every trolling motor I've ever seen was mounted on the port side of the bow.

Experience taught me, make sure you mount it far enough forward so the prop is clear of the bow when not deployed. This way, if it's accidently started the prop will just spin, and not break on the bow. Props are expensive.

Originally Posted By: boilerguy
Experience taught me, make sure you mount it far enough forward so the prop is clear of the bow when not deployed. This way, if it's accidently started the prop will just spin, and not break on the bow. Props are expensive.

Great point. It is very key to do this when installing it. Dont hang it over by any means, but get it as close as you can. 99.9% of the trolling motors are mounted Portside and flipped in the water Starburd.

Very true, otherwise docking, boat lifts, and trailering can be a great chance for you to smack the head on something. Also, if it's inside the boat you will be likely to have less "bounce" in the motor when battling rough water!

I put mine on the opposite of the norm only because I have a SC and when we are drifting or anchored I can still use the whole left side of the boat without the trolling motor being in the way when not in use. Now it's in the area that gets little use while drifting or anchored. Hope that made scense and if not I'll take pictures to help explain... LOL

Originally Posted By: CNY Lee
I put mine on the opposite of the norm only because I have a SC and when we are drifting or anchored I can still use the whole left side of the boat without the trolling motor being in the way when not in use. Now it's in the area that gets little use while drifting or anchored. Hope that made scense and if not I'll take pictures to help explain... LOL

Exactly.

Mine deploys out of the right side ,,,when I thought about mounting it ,,,I took into consideration that it might get in the way when cranking the winch loading the boat ,,,either my knuckles or forehead was gonna come in contact some time in the future

Randy