• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ride on the 26th

Roofer

Let's get a count of who is all coming to General CC Andrews to ride this Saturday. We are meeting at the Sturgeon Lake exit of off 35 at Docs 9AM. If the parking lot is too full from the poker run, we'll have to decide from there what to do.

There were alot of replies to the original thread. Just want to see who's gonna make it, so we don't leave without someone. I drive a white 2500HD Chevy with a silver Kawasaki and a silver Sportsman.

What is the ideas on food and gas? Is this available there without having to ride too far back?

I believe this will be the only place open to ride, unless something is posted on Thursday on the dnr page.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on coming up. Dozer I got your email, I should be able to let you know soon if I can make it. Still have to wait till the wheeler is out of the shop to give a for sure. I'll meet you at your house if it all works out.

I’m planning on me +1 maybe 2 for right now. Hopefully the rain hits thurs, friday, and we get clear skies for saturday. Right where you park there is a gas station. You can drive right up to the pumps after you unload. As far food if we wanted to just do Doc's it's a decent place to eat. It's not inconvenient to ride back there. I'm sure there is other stuff in Willow River, I just never rode into town. I'll be in a blue Chevy 1/2 ton with a couple crappy hondas on the back.

I called on spider lake and almost zero chance of that opening. I'm guessing the same for pine center and redtop.

Thought you might like to know:

.Rapidly Deepening Low Pressure From The Central Rockies Will Ingest Deep Tropical Moisture From The Gulf... Bringing Heavy Rains To Northeast Minnesota Early Thursday And Northwest Wisconsin Thursday Afternoon. This First Shot Of Rain Will Diminish From West To East As The Deepening Low Moves Over Lake Superior Thursday Night. A Second Low Will Deepen Over The Mid Mississippi Valley Thursday Night And Bring A Second Shot Of Heavy Rain To The Area Friday. A Changeover From Heavy Rain To Substantial Snow Will Reduce The Flood Threat From West To East Across Northeastern Minnesota Friday And From West To East Across Northwestern Wisconsin Friday Evening. Snow... Wind... And Temperatures Well Below Seasonable Levels Are Expected To Reduce The Flooding Threat Friday Night And Early Saturday.

There Is A Potential For 3 To 4 Inches Of Rain During The Flood Watch Period. The Ground Is Nearly Saturated From Recent Heavy Rains. Vegetation Is Dormant And Unable To Absorb Large Amounts Of Rainfall. Melting Of Remaining Snow Cover Is Not Expected To Be Significant With This Potential Flooding Situation. Again... A Changeover To Snow... Gusty Winds And Subfreezing Weather Is Expected To Mitigate The Flood Threat During The Weekend.

Koochiching-Northern St. Louis-Northern Itasca-Central St. Louis- Northern Cass-Southern Itasca-Southern Cass-Crow Wing- Northern Aitkin-Southern Aitkin-Carlton/Southern St. Louis-Pine- Including The Cities Of... International Falls... Ely... Bigfork... Hibbing... Walker... Grand Rapids... Pine River... Brainerd... Hill City... Aitkin... Duluth... Cloquet... Hinckley 427 AM CDT Wed Apr 23 2008

Don't think I'll make this one after all. I was going to take the opportunity to get the boat cleaned and ready this weekend, but with wind, rain and snow in the forecast I'll work on some interior cabin projects.

Have a great time!

Andrews is where it will be, being nothing else opened up. Looks as though we may get a few inches of snow to play in. 45-50 and no dust. Can't get much better than that for trail riding.

I just may be able to make it on Sat. I'll look back in the post for the details.

I'll be driving a Blue 2500HD Silverado with a white enclosed trailer.

I should know for sure by tomorrow.

I'm still working on making it. I don't know that I will be able to get my wheeler tomorrow night. I might be able to pick it up Saturday morning in Forest Lake on the way up. Dozer, I have your email and I'll let you know tomorrow more about what's happening. I'm all for driving up together if I can make it.

Well I am still planning on going but I'm not sure beacause of the weather. I've looked at a couple weather sites and it ranges from about 33-39 degrees with a 50 -80% chance of precip. I don't mind if it snows but it might not be too fun if it rains. I'd hate to drive all that way only to have it rain all day. Roofer and Dozer are you guys going no matter what the weather?

I figure as long as the roads are not dangerously icy or snowy. I will go. The equipment and clothing we have now are made for any weather, but I hear ya if it's rains steady. That kinda ruins the day. The way it looks it is going to be all snow up north, but is supposed to clear out sometime tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what actually happens. We didn't get much for rain here yesterday.

I was up in Askov yesterday and it rained all day. The forcast I saw last night said there was a chance of showers (both rain and snow) sat am but clearing up as the day progressed. Riding in snow all day would bother me but I dont particularly care to ride in the rain all day. A few sprinkles once in a while is fine but rain is anouther. We will have to see what the forcast is like later this evening.

I figure I will post up before 9pm to confirm wether I will make it or not and how many will be riding out from St. Cloud with me, I should have the others plans squared away around supper time.

Snow doesn't bother me either does a littel rain, I will watch for others posts to determine if this trip is a GO. I am ready.

I'm not going to make it. I just got an email from our social worker that there is an adoption meet and great to meet waiting children tomorrow. We need to go to that and interact with perspective children. Hopefully there is another one soon I can make.

Originally Posted By: killerloop1
I can't make it, kids grand march sat nite and turkey hunting sat morning!!!!!!

Would luv 2 blow roofers hair back on my CANNED HAM, but it will have to wait,,,lol

WOW!!! \:D Gotta make sure Im there when this happens!

As of right now I think I'm out. My girlfriend doesn't want to go if it's going to that cold and rainy/snowy. I can't blame her. I'll check the conditions early tomorrow morning and if it looks okay I might head up there solo, but I might just save my gas money for another time. Once more trails open up in May we'll have to plan another one.

Toughen up! J/K \:\)

We will be going as long as the roads are not a safety factor for everyone to deal with.

Killer's comments, it doesn't matter, he doesn't ride anyhow. It's a trailer queen that maybe goes to the lake once in awhile. ;\)

Well, you don't have to worry about water too much with a Honda. No belt for one thing. I have seen them in DEEP water and never miss a beat.

One thing I don't like about the BF. The air box design is not very well thought out for water or splashing water/snow.