• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good place to have a prop reconditioned

new_kid

Many here have mentioned Soderblooms as a good place. You can send it in to be taken care of. I have one to send in, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I don't know anyone locally but I suggest that whom/whatever you choose, make sure they add metal to the blades that are chipped or dinged and balance it. Skip anyone that shaves off blade material. Mine was sent to a some prop shop in Forest lake and they shaved my blades, I had a spare to compare it to, I was mad. I now only send mine to a prop shop in IN. He's does it the right way. His shop is called Mark's High Performance Propeller.

I have found that getting aluminum props repaired is not worth it, the repaired prop is not as strong as a new prop so it takes a lot less to damage it. If you have a stainless steel one send it to a good prop shop. I had one repaired at DAH propellers in WI it came back looking better than new and should preform better than new because they balance them and customize it to your boat set up.

Originally Posted By: Rivernut
I had mine done at Lances prop shop in Forest Lake. Absolutely beautiful job. Looks brand new for 40 bucks. 25 Merc.

Had mine done there last year and he does a fantastic job. It was around 50 bucks for my 75 hours. But it looks brand new.

There is a speed/prop shop in Avon called GPI (gran prix international) Randy will rebuild and balance a prop for about $75 depending on dammage, and will modify and balance a prop for about $125. On my brother's triton boat he gained about 5 mph from his modified prop. I'm getting my prop back on my ranger tiller (tomorrow) and he changed the factory suzuki (by turbo) prop to a progressive pitch. It goes from a 17 to 20.5 to give me much better holeshot and acceleration without losing any top end. I know guys that have problems with holeshot on ranger 620's and he has moded props to give them more downward thrust for better holeshot with the very tall ranger transom. He can pretty much do anything you want. People from all over the nation send props to him.

Thanks for all of the information I think i will try out Soderbloom's since they are a sponsor and it sounds like he does very good work and again thanks for all of the fast information

Another option is Propulsion in Hudson, WI. They have repaired some props for me over the years and always get it back to me in very short time frame. The last one they repaired looked brand new and they had to re-assure me that they did not just give me a new propeller. They just moved to a new location on the south side of the freeway. Keep them in mind in the future, their Good luck!

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thank you!]