• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summer Storage

mthunter

Has anyone ever shrink wrapped their sleds for the summer? My storage plan fell through so I was wondering about shrink wrapping the trailer. As long there is a vent or two to release humidity does anyone see any problems with this?

I was forced to park a sled outside for the summer a couple years ago. I parked it on a concrete slab with a cover on it and a tarp over the cover. It was really hard to belive how bad it really looked the next winter! All the time I spent polishing everything went right down the drain. I would really try to find a place to get it inside if It was mine.

Thanks for the input guys. I went and talked to a shrink wrapper and ended up finding cheap indoor storage. He did he could shrink wrap the entire trailer when I talked to him about it but I will be opting for the indoor and out of the sun option.

I had my rear skid completely freeze after one summer of sitting in the yard. I parked it on pallets, covered it, and tarped it. Seemed like the moisture and humidity did a number on all the components. I would highly recommend indoor storage which is much cheaper than the new skid.