• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Targets

I have been shooting into straw bails and then bought the block last year. I would like to purchase a life size deer target anyone have any suggestions and where to buy??? I would also like to try and use it as a decoy.

Most archery shops and any of the big sporting good stores will carry them. Best brand names going right now are Rienhart and McKenzie.

Thanks for the suggestions. I went out and purchased the GlenDel full rut target. Now I need the 32" of snow we recieved last weekend to melt away so I can set it up. Then again we are suppose to get another 12" to 16" this weekend. Will winter ever end??? Just curious have you ever hauled a 3D out in the woods and used as a decoy. I have seen it used in a field setting but where I hunt the woods is pretty thick. I'm guessing the best time to try it would be toward the mid-October time frame.

It maybe the dumbest in your book but at 20, 30 and 40 yards it looks like a deer to me. Sure will beat shooting into two hay bails. Also a little more realistic while shooting from my Summit in the backyard.

When you consider how many deer have been faked out by deer cut outs and deer photos, I think the glendel buck looks pretty darn good. I just don't know if I could handle watching another buck come in and beat the [PoorWordUsage] out of my expensive archery target.

I'm in the same situation looking for a good 3-d target. I'm thinking about getting one of the Delta Riverbottom or Backyard bucks mostly because of the price. Then maybe getting a small Block so I can shoot my mechanicals/broadheads in it the few times that I actually do. That way I can get a couple of targets for the price of one. Does anyone have any experience w/ the Delta's?

The Glendel full rut is an "ok" target, I do own one and have had a few arguments on how its set up, The rods to insert into the ground are only 2 inche long, so I have to put a pipe in the ground so it doesnt fall over everytime I shoot it, The actual block inside the chest is pretty durable. But after repeditive use it doesnt hold its place to well. I like to shoot at angles, quartering to, away, and it beats up the foam pretty good. The another downfall is that it is expensive, I would look at some delta targets like sportfish said.

I actually have one of the less expensive ones from Mill FF and it works fine as a target. I did shot the heck out of it, and the center core is startng to blow out pretty good, you can get a new insert, but I tossed the box and the Part # on the insert is now gone.

I would have no problem with using this as a decoy, light in weigh to carry and I do believe it looks pretty good.