• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

arrowhead area trails?

icecold

They are closed, but that just means go at your own risk. they are not being maintained any longer. I was out riding the wheeler this Saturday, before the snow obviously, and the swamps were all thawed and rivers were open so watch out in some spots and don't stop in the wet areas.

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Namakan
They are closed, but that just means go at your own risk. they are not being maintained any longer.

No closed means the lease with the private landowners is done for the season and you are tresspassing and making all snowmobilers look bad. Four wheelers are not legal on state trails at all unless it is posted for atv use. Please dont ride on closed trails or we will lose them.

Originally Posted By: 2thepointsetters
 Originally Posted By: Johnny_Namakan
They are closed, but that just means go at your own risk. they are not being maintained any longer.

No closed means the lease with the private landowners is done for the season and you are tresspassing and making all snowmobilers look bad. Four wheelers are not legal on state trails at all unless it is posted for atv use. Please dont ride on closed trails or we will lose them.

If thats true then why does the snowmobile clubs ride and encourage others to ride and pack down trails before the trails "officially" open in MN.

Guess there are a million tresspassin ATVs in summertime on those same trails,

I dont make the rules. And yes the 4-wheelers are trespassing, why do you think there are gates on the trails from private land owners ( example from tower to embarrass)

we lose trails because land owners dont want trails on there property because of wheelers and other issues like not staying the trail.

Looks like you boys up north are going to get hit again tomorrow through Friday.

I am leaving for Hawaii on Friday....and this happens. [PoorWordUsage]? Same thing happened to me last year. Went to Hawaii for my honeymoon and that massive March storm hit MN while I was sitting on the beach. Jeeze.........

Originally Posted By: 311Hemi
Looks like you boys up north are going to get hit again tomorrow through Friday.

I am leaving for Hawaii on Friday....and this happens. [PoorWordUsage]? Same thing happened to me last year. Went to Hawaii for my honeymoon and that massive March storm hit MN while I was sitting on the beach. Jeeze.........

haha I am in the same boat... I spend 1000's building a powdersled and then we get snow in April and I am leaving for Mazatlan until the 20th of April. ( I got one ride in the powder up here and it was the best 40 miles of my life)

Weather is strange up here... Last Friday I was out in the boat fishing on Lake Superior (50 degrees outside temp) and 2 days later I riding my sled in 30 inches of powder. Only in Minnesota.

A closed trail (April 1 thru Dec 1) means you are trespassing on my land, as a landowner that gives an easement for a trail. The club on Ash River/Kabetogama DO NOT ask sleds to pack trails outside of these dates. Sledneck should check the local club out - if they ask sleds to pack the trails before 12/1, it's not right.

Our trails are in danger of being shut down every year because of activity outside the rules...please help keep all MN trails open by abiding by the regs and posted signs.

LET IT SNOW

If you are on a snowmobile/atv/logging road/Black Top Bike Trail trail and the land is not posted or gated off then you are within your legal right to ride it, are you not?

Well this is what the MNDNR snowmobile regulations say.

Outside the seven-county metro area, you may ride:

• on your own land

• on agricultural land that you have been given permission from the landowner to ride on

• on land, other than agricultural land, that you have not been told verbally, by written warning, or by posted signs, that riding is prohibited

• on the groomed area of a snowmobile trail

Outside the seven-county metro area,

you may NOT ride:

• on land that you have been told not to

orally, in writing, or by posted signs

• on agricultural land without the permission of the owner

Here is for OHVs

Where You May Ride

You may operate an off-highway vehicle:

• on private land with the landowners permission

• on frozen public waters where you have legal access, if not restricted by law

or local ordinance

• on public lands and trails that are open to OHVs.