• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who Would You Draft

zamboni

OK, lets just sat the 'Wolves get the #1 in the lottery- and Curry, Beasley and Hansbrough all announce they are entering the NBA, who would you pick? Personally I think Beasleys the real deal, but be hard to pass up Hansbrough. Toughy.

Rose would be my first choice and 2nd would be Beasley.

Hansbrough will not be an nba star! He probably won't be a top 10 pick either. He's a great college player who will be a marginal pro.

Curry will need to get bigger. He's not really a point guard and he's a little short for a shooting guard. He's not all that athletic either. He'd be a defensive liability also.

1) Beasley by a landslide

2) Rose

3) Mayo

4) Randolph

5) Jordan

As the Wolves drift towards that 3-4-5 spot, I really like Anthony Randolph of LSU. He could be like Chris Bosh. Or DeAndre Jordan could be a poor man's Dwight Howard.

I don't want another tweener guard or another stiff big man, so no Hansbrough, Augustin, Bayless, Love, Lopez, or Budinger.

Drafting is tough. I remember I really wanted the Wolves to take Gerald Green a few years ago. I also wanted them to take Josh Howard when they got Ebi. Two years ago I was so pumped when they drafted Roy. Then 20 minutes later he was gone. Last year I was happy to get Brewer, but if we redid the draft he wouldn't be our pick. Basketball is really tough, there isn't a body of work like there are in other sports, it's all about potential. You might have Kobe Bryant or you might get Leon Smith.

Beasely. Hansborough I think will be better than what people think. If he stays another year and works on his jumper, be will be a decent player. He's 6'-9", strong, athletic and obviously determined. I think he'll be good.

hansborough is 3 times the player that madsen is/was though!! I liked Rose until I watched him in the championship game.....didn't impress me very much!! but I would still take him on the wolves but come on Beasley!!!

Looks like we're in position for the number 3 pick. No way Beasley makes it past #2. If everything stays the same we'll end up with Lopez from UCLA. We could use Lopez that way Jefferson can move into his natural power forward position. I'd love to see use get Beasley but it's just not going to happen. Rose is going to get a lot better as he matures. He can handle the ball, get to the hole whenever he wants, and he can create his own shot. He'll be a star in two years. He'd look good in a Wolves uniform. He'd fit seeing as Telfair stinks and Foye isn't a true point guard.

Originally Posted By: Biff Tannen
I seen a mock draft for 2009 and Hansborough was taken 25th and they compared him Mark Madsen. No thanks.

ROFL! That's who he reminds me of. I bet he dances worse than Madsen though. grin.gif

Well, after Minnesota's overtime win and Memphis behind at halftime, it looks like Minnesota will now drop to having the fourth most lottery balls in the draft, behind Memphis, Seattle, and Miami.

why are they the forth??....we are tied with Memphis and have a possibility of being the forth or the third...to be determined on Friday I think is what I heard.....I wish they would do the ping pong ball dropping right away so we would have something to look forward to for awhile!!!

I was so ticked the other night flipping channels and saw that the wolves were going to OT....then to see they win.....WHY!!! I know it is only a difference in like 2 or 3 % for the chance at #1 but.........oh well maybe this is the year for the Wolves to get lucky and to stir up some T-Wolves talk with a lucky bounce of the ping pong ball!!!

Wolves won the coin flip Friday. Maybe Stern will repay Memphis and Minnesota for aiding in the trades that may vault the Lakers and Celtics into the finals with 1 and 2 picks. Hmmmm.