• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wow, what a day!

Took a walk today to check on a local eagles nest:

EN5.jpg

Didn't look like there was any activity there yet, but this guy flew by as I was standing on the ice looking at it:

EN4.jpg

Got home and was downloading my card when I looked out my office window and saw this looking back at me from about 25 feet:

EN2.jpg

I snapped about 10 frames throught the window (with a screen) and then figured I might as well try to get a photo around the corner of the house. I snuck out the front door and slowly stuck the camera around the corner and got a couple of these:

EN3.jpg

He took off immediately, screaming as he went!

I'm new to this game, but I'm guessing - merlin? - and I think his meal is a mourning dove.

Ken,

Was that nest on Birch Lake? We were up for Easter doing some crappie fishing and there was an active one out there right before the road takes a hard right around the point. She was carrying new nest material up to it.

Moose,

Yes, this one is on Birch Lake but is back in a bay that doesn't see any traffic. There's another one not too far from the beach, and I think another on the end by the camp ground (I've heard about that one but haven't seen it myself).

Ken,

The one we were by was closer to the beach about 1 1/2 miles from the beach on the North shore. She was in and out of it a couple times hauling in nesting material.

On the north shore? Between Dollar Hide and North Bay? That's one I haven't seen either. There is one southwest of the beach about a mile. That's been a good one the last couple of years. I'm going to jump on the 4-wheeler tomorrow and check things out. Yep, another nest to watch - I sure do love livin' here!

I've been watching the one in the photo. I can't quite see the nest from my house, but I can see eagle traffic going to that area from my house, and in all honesty, there hasn't been as much as there has been in the past. I hope they moved as opposed to something happening to them.

This one was before the road takes a right around a birch point and heads toward Currie islands. The nest was toward the left shore before you make the right around the point. There is a pile of 1/2 burnt wood on the ice from a campfire. Looking at the map I think it may be Norway Point or in that area.