• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morel Mushrooms

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your backyard??!! You're mowing??!!

Living this far north sure has some drawbacks (no morels) but has some nice benefits too (grass is barely even GREEN in my yard yet! smirk I won't be mowing for a couple more weeks at least grin )

How do you all eat your morels? I think if I EVER get my hands on some, I'm frying them in butter and putting them on steak. MMMMM...

I got 60 morels out of St. Paul yesterday - found em at a site we were restoring to a native bluff/prarie community. Couldn't believe it!

Marinating a venison steak in soy, worchestshire, garlic and pepper right now, gonna grill it up and smother it with sauteed shrooms and chase it down with a maple brown ale - latest homebrew! smile

Going up to Osakis the first week in June. Is it too late to look for morels. I've never done it before but my father grew up in Clothel(sp?) and raved about them. Hoping the grandkids could bring grandpa some fish and mushrooms back. Thanks