• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

polaris 4 wheel drive question

dodge guy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

farmfishing wrote: All the same problems I have been haveing with our 500 sportsmans. I do know when i get the machines fixed they are gone. One lemon is one thing but i have two.

So after owning theses polaris's, will you be buying another brand, or are you gonna roll the dice and try another popo?

Originally Posted By: jltimm
I'd like to try one of the new Grizz's with P.S. I've heard nothing but good things about them. I've read you can ride all day and not even be sore from the tough trails.

Ya, if you going riding once. haha J/K

I do get tired riding the BF all day.................it's tiring trying to hold on for dear life all day. grin.gif

I know some rides seem worse than others, trails,mud,corners,bumps,jumps,ect.... Sometimes your upper body feels all beat up the next day, or your back (for most non I.R.S. machines). That P.S. may take that beat up feeling away from a long tough day of riding.

ill get a light bult tomarrow and i found out something interesting to day i put a new bulb in my tail light and it was on when i turned the key on and had the ligths off so i think there is a short u think that would have something to do with the 4 wheel drive

if your light switch is off but your tail lights were on without any of your brakes (parking/hand/foot brakes) being applied, you might have a short somewhere.

I know my Rincon tail lights don't come on unless the switch is on or any of the brakes are applied.

Maybe someone else with a SP can do a check to see if they're any different.

Originally Posted By: dodge guy
so the tail light is supose to be on with out using a brake or the ligths on

Yes, that is correct. It's been 7 years since I had a SP so I couldn't remember exactly.

If your 4x4 light comes on when you hold the shift lever forward, then Roofer's suspicions seem to be right.

Originally Posted By: dodge guy
shifter ideas what to do

You can get a new shifter. \:\)

You can shim it, but I don't know how long it will last.

Take the shifter free from the frame by taking out the bolts. This way it is more free to work with. The shifter sits in a box. Take those 4 screws out so it comes out of the box. Be careful, because there are springs in there if I remember right. Now you can see what you are working with. The little metal pieces are the contacts. You need to shim the one for contact when the shifter is in forward. Hopefully this helps.

I have seen some people with the same problem and they actually used a bungie to the front rack holding the shifter forward. This works, but kinda 'hokey' and inconvenient.

Originally Posted By: Fisherman For a Lifetime
Dodge Guy,

I did it this afternoon and the display says "SLOW". The 4x4 Icon does not come on.

If you are in AWD and in Reverse with the override button on, it should work. I know it should blink "slow" and the AWD icon should be on.

Originally Posted By: ratmn218
you dont need a new shifter, just a new switch.

What switch? Please explain.

A new shifter is a couple hundred if I remember right. Depends on the year also though. I really don't know for sure.