• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quail

Nice shot, Charlie. Thanks for sharing the warmth. grin.gifgrin.gif

These are Gambel's quail. Very close to California quail, but the unscaled buff breast and dark belly patch of these birds tip the scales toward Gambel's. My range maps also indicate California quail are not found in Arizona but Gambel's are.

Explorer,

Nice shot. I've never seen a Gambel's Quail before. It is a tad evil of you to post nice sunny warm photos for those of us in the frigid north ;). We'll be thawed out soon and posting warm weather shots of our own. Nice work! Keep 'em coming.

Thanks everybody. It looks like as of today I will get to enjoy this nice weather for an extra month. Apparently the cold weather in Fargo earlier this month pushed my start date back a month.