• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Softwater Goals -- 2008

Stick in Mud

1) Work on deep water largemouth techniques

2)Catch personal best smallie(over 20) or largemouth(over 22)

3)Float the root river, and the upper st.croix(again).

4)Spend two weeks at the cabin, and fish new lakes in that area(Itasca County)

5)Catch mounter crappie(16"+)

Fish more local lakes. I have access to lots of good fishing around Duluth, but I always seem to be on the road. Rainy, Vermillion and many lakes in Canada are all within 4 hours.

Go back to Mille Lacs - I haven't been there for 15 years.

Go to Ashland, WI for Smallies - This trip is on the schedule

Crack the 50 inch mark

Start seeing some new faces in the boat. I fish with the same two guys 99% of the time. Theses guys are my best friends and we catch lots of fish, but I'd really like to learn some new tricks.

Any of you guys wanna get some of that done, let me know, I can use a guinnae pig sometimes when "searching", dont mean that in a bad way, They are all possible in your/our basic area, Good Luck Capt. JOsh

My four year old daughter told me the other day that she wants to catch a walleye.

#1 Put my daughter on a good walleye bite!

#2 Repeat #1

#3 Go Crappie fishing this spring

#4 Learn area lakes better due to the petrol situation

I have a pretty good list going here.

- Make some upgrades to my boat.

- Fish most or all the FBL events.

- Beat Deitz in at least 1 event (this is going to be tough!)

- Catch and release a lot of smallmouth.

- Learn how to fillet a channel cat. I've never kept one, but I like catfish. I've only eaten the farm-raised fish that you can buy at a store or order at a restaurant.

- Be daring and see how far I can go on the Miss above the 169 bridge in Anoka. Everyone says just stay below, but my boat can get through some pretty slim water and I would be going very slow.

- When I have the kids with, focus more on them catching more fish and get them onto some 3+ pound fish.

Most important - make sure I take care of all my duties at work and home first and spend lots of time with the wife and kids.

I have one or maybe two goals for this season. First and no small task is to get both my daughters a 30 incher! Second is make sure they have fun tryin!! Number 2 should be a piece of cake...and number one would be really neat to do on the same day! Have a safe and fun open water season everyone...It is upon us!

I guess mine are pretty simple this year - in no particular order:

1) Fish for crappie until bass opener

2) Fish more than I was able to last year

3) Spend lots of time learning the fine art of crankbait fishing

4) Spend lots of time experimenting with swimbaits

5) Streamline tackle choices

6) Fish 2-3 small $$$$ bass tournaments

That about does it...

Originally Posted By: LEECH21
1. To buy a boat

2. To catch a 21 inch smallie to get a replica made to put next to my 22" Largemouth.

3. To catch a new personal best walleye, northern, and musky

Just got number one taken care of!!!! grin.gif