• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Mixed bag

Well, today was supposed to a day for Eagles but with the bitter cold XT and I decided that we didn't want to spend the whole day outside waiting for the right shot. I decided to increase my odds and went to Monticello for swans. It was darn cold and it was beautiful there. The fog was coming off the water and the birds looked really great in it. There were swans (obviously), Mallards, Geese, Goldeneyes, Mergansers and Scaup. The Golden Eyes, Mergansers and Scaup didn't come very close but I got a couple shots that I had to crop. They're alright but nothing printable. Here's my results.

First Shot of the day

030708_SwansandotherWaterfowl_3925c.jpg

Told you it was foggy!

030708_SwansandotherWaterfowl_3957c.jpg

030708_SwansandotherWaterfowl_3950c.jpg

Golden Eyes

030708_SwansandotherWaterfowl_3945c.jpg

Scaup

030708_SwansandotherWaterfowl_4064c.jpg

I wish this one had been closer. I really like it!

030708_SwansandotherWaterfowl_4068c.jpg

030708_SwansandotherWaterfowl_4067c.jpg

030708_SwansandotherWaterfowl_4061c.jpg

Thanks guys, Yak, I was shooting the 170-500mm Sigma today. The last swan shot was my favorite also. That was full frame, no cropping on that one.

Thanks again

Mike

Wow Mike, you got some super photos. That last one of the swans is really sweet. That second one of the 2 geese, really does something for me too. In the fog, it almost looks like the one goose is a reflection of the other one.

You braved the cold and it paid off for you. I was a wuss and stayed in where it was warm.

Nice addition to your original set!!

Image #1 is, once again one of my favorites.

A very dynamic composition...

Three swans, three different poses... nice. Too bad for the tag, (luck of the draw I guess). If it was my image, I would certainly try to clone the tag out. It might be worth the effort.

Even with the tag included, it is a very nice image... again, love the three different poses.

mmeyer, nice ahots, I like the 3rd of your 1st set and the 1st of the second set the best.

I kind of like the band on the one, it kind of makes it original.

DMN

These are all very nice - I love the swan twins. But I am most intrigued by #3 - it has enough color to feel "alive" and I keep going back to figure it out - is it a train car or old school bus or just a put together building made from old stuff --- and what was it's purpose??? Ah, the mystery! Great stuff - thanks