• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat carpeting

Blufinn

I'm a carpet installer and i quote a fishing HSOforum "why would anyone want carpet in a boat??" seriously, I know most all the manufacturers do it, but...check out Cheffreys thread on this forum; he's redoing the interior of his boat useing some sort of vinyl on the floor, looks like it should do a great job. Just a thought.

I agree with traveler too, I would install marine vinyl instead of carpet, it's easy to wash/clean, won't smell, and if you really want some carpet you can make a snap on so you can remove when not needed.

Yup, I agree. If I were to redo the floor in my sportfish it would be the marine vinyl all the way. Maybe snap in carpeting for the kids on play day but nothing beats vinyl when you have a northern bleeding in the boat and sliming everywhere!! And all that sand would come right out.. Maybe next year..

I just finished my 16 ft super hawk with Cabelas vinyl. Its the way to do it just wash it off.Lots easier to clean up.I have one buddy that fishes with me that gets more bait on the floor than on his hook! Wish my Warrior had it.

someday when the carpet wears out in the Skeeter I'm going marine vinyl as well, and install the pump to spray'er down. after a 18 lb king bleeds all over everything and everyone thats's the way to go.

There are alot of boats that are adding and offering vinal now. I have come to the conclusion, through discussion with a much wiser individual, that there is one place that carpet is superior to vinal. That is on the show room floor. I just redid my boat in carpet last year and am already tired of vacuming it out and trying to keep hooks out of it. I am a muskie nut myself and have also thought about the fact that a vinal floor will also protect fish more, for that once and a while that they are on it. Doesn't obsorbe slime and so on. Anyway i will agree with everyone else and atest to the great benefits of vinal. It is in all of the 4 boats that i am regularly in and I love it.

Vinyl isnt slippery unless fish slime gets on it and isnt cleaned up. It is however very slippery in cold weather when it gets wet and ices up. Thats one benefit of carpet over vinyl. If it were me I would go a good non skid vinyl and a snap in carpet. I really like carpet on hot days when I have my shoes off.

Check out Cabela's vinyl. I got the Dot vinyl they sell. It has little bumps or dots on it. Just finishing my boat with it. Looks good Don't know how slick it will get but sure will clean up easy. Good luck

Traveler- you are a wise man! I couldn't agree with you more, I hate carpet with a passion. Now some the boats manufacturers are catching on but putting in the hard non slip floors or have the pull out carpets, now that is the way to go.

menomax; thanks...would you tell my wife?? I've got a fiberglass bay boat, kind of a saltwater job that they never put carpet in. Just hose her out...beautiful! It does get a little hot on the feet in mid-summer, and it's white (like the hull) so it can be a little hassle to keep clean, but I love it.